Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright Guys and Gals, I Need Your Help! page

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member

Alright Guys and Gals, I Need Your Help!

Primal Fuel
    Okay. I've gone off on rants about my boyfriend I don't know how many times here, but it's been a few so a couple of you might remember this.
    My BF suffers from anxiety, chronic depression, agoraphobia and quite recently he's been put on epilim after having a series of fits. Now I know that adapting to a Primal diet will help with a lot of that, buit to quote BF;

'The reason I take the tablets I'm on, and probably will have to long term, is because epilepsy is a major neurological disorder. I don't think walking a few miles and cutting out grain is gonna do anything to that.'

I'm hoping that some of you lovely kind people will help me find links to research that shows that this will help him? I'm not even sure if Primal helps with epilepsy, and I'm terrible at finding sources for these kind of things? I know the best way to get people onto this is to say little and lead by example, but he's seen it all and he's seen the changes that have happened with me, and he's just not convinced.
    It's kinda killing me inside to watch him suffer with these setbacks when I know I have something here that would help him so much. he knows I keep going on about this because I love him and I want to help him, but guh. It's just not getting through. Any help you can give me will be really appreciated guys. Thanks =)
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Also, might consider GAPS (gut and psychology syndrome) for info about anxiety et al.

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member

Paleobird Guest
    Google Johns Hopkins and ketosis. They are doing some awesome work on adult epilepsy and getting great results. Up til now most of the work had been done on pediatric epilepsy.

This is a subject I care a lot about because I have seizures too. Mine are well controlled on meds but I would like to be able to decrease the dosage over time.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Primal Body Primal Mind

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I have epilepsy. I was on Epilim. I no longer am. I actually spoke to Dr Kruse about this, seeing he is a neurosurgeon. He told me to go ketonic paleo. So low-carb, high fat, moderate/ high protein. And sleep. Your BF will need 7-8 hours of good, deep sleep pr night. Alcohol should be kept for rare occasions. Magnesium 2 hours before bed might help with the sleep. Good luck!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I saw something recently where kids w/ severe epilepsy were cured w/ a ketonic diet. They said that the brain using glucose for energy was allowing the seizures. After a time (manybe 6mo - 1yr) on this diet, they could relax it a bit and the fits never came back. Best of luck. I switched my hubby to primal after he had major surgery and we found many unexpected cures to little problems he's had all his life.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    My daughter needs a ketogenic diet for health reasons. It is so much easier if the whole family is on board. The primal blueprint was the "man version" that my husband could do too.

Ketogenic Diet | epilepsy.com

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    I have epilepsy. I was on Epilim. I no longer am. I actually spoke to Dr Kruse about this, seeing he is a neurosurgeon. He told me to go ketonic paleo. So low-carb, high fat, moderate/ high protein. And sleep. Your BF will need 7-8 hours of good, deep sleep pr night. Alcohol should be kept for rare occasions. Magnesium 2 hours before bed might help with the sleep. Good luck!
    Did you just "cold turkey" off the meds of did you do a gradual step down? How long had you been medicated? I'm trying to devise the best strategy for getting off mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast