Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for those wanting to fine tune page 2

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz1 View Post

I was 158lbs and probably about 14%-16% bf going in (I'm M/41/5'10). Within about 10 days I'd dropped to 151. and have stayed between 151 and 153 since, with basically no additional 'effort'. I have seen no muscle loss at all (based on mirror, strength gains, etc.) and feel and look the best I have in my adult life.
    Is Lean Gains something that you still are doing or was it just to get down to 151? I'd like to give it a try but it's easier for me to eat a primal breakfast than lunch. The company pays for lunch and the options are somewhat limited. I can do salad, but with crap chicken and shady olive oil. I guess I could bring my own lunch, but the free lunch is a nice perk.

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz1 View Post
    If you haven't tried it, and are game, I recommend giving leangains-style IF a try. Keep eating primally, but only within an 8-hour window of your choosing. The general recommendation is to put that window from somewhere between noon and 2 p.m. to somewhere between 8 and 10 p.m., based on your schedule, etc.

From a social perspective, skipping breakfast is easier than lunch or dinner.

I started IF before I started primal. I was 158lbs and probably about 14%-16% bf going in (I'm M/41/5'10). Within about 10 days I'd dropped to 151. and have stayed between 151 and 153 since, with basically no additional 'effort'. I have seen no muscle loss at all (based on mirror, strength gains, etc.) and feel and look the best I have in my adult life.

The nice thing about something like IF is, if you don't like it, it's the easiest thing in the world to give up: just eat something :-)
    And are you IFing every day or just a few times/week? When are you exercising relative to IF schedule?

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    That sounds like an interesting approach that would be quite doable. Do you have any resources on the leangains IF? I could certainly make a 2-10p window work...very easily.
    The Leangains Guide | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Rosencrantz1 is online now Senior Member
    I have continued to follow IF, yes. I'm hoping to push for that last tiny, tiny 2% bit of final body recomp. Would love to lose maybe 1-2 lbs more of fat, and gain 2-3 lbs more of muscle. Of course, I'm nit-picking; I'm really happy with where I am right now.

I do the IF every day, but per the related site The Lean Saloon (another IF blogger -- theleansaloon.com), I am not SUPER strict about it. For instance, when recently traveling to visit friends, I would break my fast a little early to accommodate brunch. No big deal. Most days, though, I don't eat for the first time until somewhere between 12 and 1, and I stop eating between 8 and 9.

That said, there are two exceptions: I do have coffee every morning, no sweetener and a touch (like 1/2 tsp) of half and half. I also, on training days, have 10g BCAA before and 10g BCAA after my workout (I train in the morning, fasted). I work out 5 days/week (M,Tu, W, Th, Sat) and am doing Enter The Kettlebell, with a PBF-style TRX workout on Tu/Th, paired with 10 min of interval jumprope. My total workouts for the week come to about 4 1/2 hours (that's including a little warming up, and a little stretching at the end).

I see bwhit posted the Leangains link.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    I really like the Lean Saloon blog. Much more simple than Lean Gains and easier to read. For the past 3 days I have been doing 24 hr fasts to get rid of weekend bloat from bad eating and drinking. Today is a two meal day so it was a 24 hr fast and now will have a 5 hr eating window. I am going to buy BCAAs this weekend bc I normally work out fasted so I want to give it a try.

The Lean Saloon | Intermittent Fasting. Liberate Your Life.

Rosencrantz1 is online now Senior Member
    Jens

I will be curious to hear your thoughts re: the BCAAs. I'm using them because Leangains recommends it when doing early morning/fasted training, but I can't say for sure whether it's making a difference or not.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    I'll definitely report back! I work out fasted and then don't normally eat until 3 pm (during my 24 hr fasts) or sometimes 10 am if I am doing a 19/6 so I feel my workouts will hopefully benefit from this.

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I'm 39, 5' 1, and have been stuck at around 130 for a long time. On a good day I get down around 127. I do tend to eat more carbs (usually in the form of fruit, some rice, and oh, chocolate) than many here but I can't function mentally at a low carb level. I do wight training 3x/week, Zumba 3 x/week, and walk a LOT.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

tplank is offline Senior Member

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gojirama View Post
    I'm 39, 5' 1, and have been stuck at around 130 for a long time. On a good day I get down around 127. I do tend to eat more carbs (usually in the form of fruit, some rice, and oh, chocolate) than many here but I can't function mentally at a low carb level. I do wight training 3x/week, Zumba 3 x/week, and walk a LOT.
    Chocolate cravings can be reduced by magnesium citrate so if you don't take that you should, even if you find it doesn't help with the cravings.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast