Thread: Is anyone else eating a lot more on PB? Energy levels, body changes. page

LogicalOutlier is offline Junior Member

Is anyone else eating a lot more on PB? Energy levels, body changes.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi all,

I'm a seventeen year old female, 5'7", 110-112 lbs depending on the day. I have no weight/strength goal, but do PB because I feel better on it.

Pre-PB, I used to eat about 1400 calories a day, and to reach 1700 calories, would have to stuff myself to discomfort.

I've been primal for about two months, and over the course of those two months, have noticed a naturally increasing caloric intake (eating to satiety) without gaining bodyfat. If anything, I've gotten leaner. Today I ate about 2200 calories, which for me is quite a lot! I'm not even particularly active.

I've also noticed an increase in body temperature, my veins are popping out like crazy, and my energy is through the roof.

What gives? Does this signal an increased/healing metabolism? I'm definitely not complaining

Thanks for any responses!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    HI, I think I eat more in terms of calories than when i tried to lose weight the CW-way. When I was 19 I went on a 3 month diet where I ate as little as 450 cal daily. Needless to say it was horrible and stuffed me up for years after!
    The wartmth in your body, especially the heat about 20 min after eating, is your body's metabolism, more specifically, its burning fat (well, thats what I was explained when I started the Leptin-reset anyway). I think its just a change for your body from burning carbs to burning fat. Its good to hear that you're feeling well though, you are lucky you have started this lifestyle so early.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    2200 calories is not a huge amount. I wouldn't worry about that.

I've found I started eating a lot more when I started lifting heavier things. In your case, it sounds like your body is just working properly. Which is awesome!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it either. I basically workout for a living, and my minimum is set for 2,500 calories. It sounds like your body is working like it's supposed to. Glad you got smart early on - you won't have tons of damage to undo like many of us!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

LogicalOutlier is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I wasn't worried. Primal feels great.
    Thanks for the responses everyone! I love this forum.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing it right.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Oh hell yes. Especially now I'm doing more workouts, I'm never full. I had dinner last night and as soon as I swallowed my last bite I made myself some bacon because I was still hungry. When I finished the bacon, I was STILL hungry. The more you do, the more you eat!
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!