Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Satiety is real! I just had to stop eating a bowl of beef! page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Satiety is real! I just had to stop eating a bowl of beef!

Primal Fuel
    I always thought satiety was a myth that people handed around. And while I no longer experience cravings for starchy carbs, I haven't felt the "full" switch flip on so strongly as it just did. I usually eat until I notice discomfort or pain in my abdomen. Note that I have been adding muscle and losing fat for quite some time this way. But just now, all of a sudden, MY FOOD SEEMED UNINTERESTING!!! I know nothing changed between the last bite and the one I didn't take, but as my fork was lifted from the bowl, the delicious oily aroma of the beef tallow puddle at the bottom suddenly just smelled gamey, and the meat (which I put into my mouth anyway by habit) seemed dry and inedible, though just seconds ago it was perfectly chewable and oily. Is this what full feels like? Does it really take most of a pound of beef to flip my switch? Seriously, there are about two bites left.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Its the strangest feeling, isn't it! I don't get it very often still, but every once in a while I do. Its amazing Suddenly it makes sense to me how people can leave two bites at dinner, or only have a fork or two of something.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Karen F is offline Member
    This has been happening to me since I started with this way of eating. The amount it takes is slowly decreasing, too! Just all of a sudden it is just like someone just threw the "off" switch and I don't want to eat any more. It's an amazing thing for someone who used to consider herself something of a bottomless pit whenever I *liked* something.

quidam is offline Senior Member
    On one hand it's a good thing, on the other hand it is annoying. It happened the other day when I was eating breakfast. One bite of egg left, and I couldn't bear the thought of placing it in my mouth. I wasn't full; my body just rejected the idea of having any more. That one bite of egg became the most disgusting thing in the world.

June is offline Senior Member
    Holy! Something like this happened to me last night too. I thought I wanted something to eat, so I made a few things and nothing tasted good so I just tossed it all because I thought something was wrong with my food LOL. Opps!!

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    This has never happened to me in the 2.5 months of primal. I guess its because I only ever fix as much food as I know I can/want to eat. But I always have to force myself not to raid the fridge after I'm done with my plate. Case in point: had an 8 oz burger last night with two portabella buns, two slices tomato, heap of lettuce, half an onion, and a handful of grapes. I finished it, which should have been enough for me. Instead I kept popping grapes all night and came back later for half an avocado. I don't entirely buy the whole "your body will tell you when to stop" mechanism, because I could drink a whole can of coconut milk or jar of almond butter without feeling full fast enough.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it's cool, no? I hate when I only have a couple bites left, though, and I have to push my plate away from me because even the smell will make me queasy.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Never happened to me either. I have to make myself to go brush my teeth AND put my retainers in to stop foraging. That's why I do fasting. Because when i start eating, I can't stop.

Like yesterday, I came home for lunch, thawed about 100 to 200 g shrimp, had them with primal ketchup and 2 apples, cucmber lemonade and STILL was hungry and did not have will-power to tape up my mouth before I was through at least 3 tbsp of nut butter. One would think I wouldn't want a dinner after all that food, but NOOO! I still had a heap of steamed veggies and like 4 oz of roast and watermelon and like 2 tbsp of coconut cream with cocoa powder, and kicked my butt upstairs with 1/2 cup of frozen berries. STUPID APPETITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Leida; 09-09-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This has happened to me quite often in the past month or two. At first I thought there was something wrong with me then *lightbulb*!
    Georgette

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoS View Post
    Case in point: had an 8 oz burger last night with two portabella buns, two slices tomato, heap of lettuce, half an onion, and a handful of grapes. I finished it, which should have been enough for me. Instead I kept popping grapes all night and came back later for half an avocado. I don't entirely buy the whole "your body will tell you when to stop" mechanism, because I could drink a whole can of coconut milk or jar of almond butter without feeling full fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Like yesterday, I came home for lunch, thawed about 100 to 200 g shrimp, had them with primal ketchup and 2 apples, cucmber lemonade and STILL was hungry and did not have will-power to tape up my mouth before I was through at least 3 tbsp of nut butter. One would think I wouldn't want a dinner after all that food, but NOOO! I still had a heap of steamed veggies and like 4 oz of roast and watermelon and like 2 tbsp of coconut cream with cocoa powder, and kicked my butt upstairs with 1/2 cup of frozen berries. STUPID APPETITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You guys sure it's not because all the sugar you're consuming? I find that once I eat something sugary, the satiety factor from the fats I just ate goes down the drain.

This is true especially when I'm eating nuts/seeds. Those carbs just make me keep on going, whereas I could totally be satisfied with 200 calories of coconut vs 200 calories of nuts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast