Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Satiety is real! I just had to stop eating a bowl of beef! page 3

prodistat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Leida: regarding not feeling full, have you tried the leptin reset? I've had some success with it. It's been three weeks for me, and my hunger and satiety seems to be returning. I used to be able to eat and eat and eat and eat. Now I get full at mealtimes. I still get ravenously hungry a few hours later, but I figure that may sort itself out in time.
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Husband remarked on this a few months after I started Primal: that I was often leaving food on my plate. I'd had enough, so I stopped. Obvious - except I'd never done that before in all the time he'd known me.

Interesting thing is that after eating all the leftover chicken plus vegetables I wanted, I still had to slap down an impulse to go find some sweet crap. The desire to eat sweet stuff seems completely independent of hunger.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    the desire to eat sweet stuff seems completely independent of hunger.
    this!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    It took almost 6 months of being Primal for me to have my first feeling of satiety. It was a massive light bulb moment! Since then, it has happened only a few times, I normally stop eating when I feel "not hungry", but I could eat more. Every once in a while tho, I experience that "I'm done eating" feeling, and its wonderful.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Leida: regarding not feeling full, have you tried the leptin reset? I've had some success with it. It's been three weeks for me, and my hunger and satiety seems to be returning. I used to be able to eat and eat and eat and eat. Now I get full at mealtimes. I still get ravenously hungry a few hours later, but I figure that may sort itself out in time.
    No, and I won't. It looks too much like Anabolic Diet, and I did very badly on it. I believe that my appetite will gradually normalizes as I eat natural and feels right/good foods, without stressing about macros and calories. I think not being full is psycological for me after 1.5 years of 'succesful' CW and then experimenting with calories restrictions even when on evolving better diets. One gotta try everything, and I know that moderate carb/moderate fat is much more acceptable for me than high fat/low carb. At least for now. Maybe I will gradually develop more tolerance for fat. Who knows.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-10-2011 at 05:24 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

cranehigh is offline Senior Member
    This just happened to me this morning. I was eating breakfast and I literally have 4 bites of it left. I think I've had the feeling quite a few times, but didn't recognize it or know what to do with it until the past couple of days. I've always just pushed through and finished what I made, since I've always counted my calories as I served them up, not as I ate them. "It's only 400 calories. I should want it."

Now I'm bagging up my bacon, eggs, and guacamole and I'll add this as a nibble to dinner I guess.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    For me it takes a grand total of three pounds of food.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123