Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Satiety is real! I just had to stop eating a bowl of beef! page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nope, I was worse off on a Anabolic Diet doing 60 to 70% fat (BLEH!!!). Not only I was starving like mad (and nobody belived I was!!!), I was also severely depressed because of the lack of fruit. I think nuts contribute to the problem, that is why I taped my nut container shut yesterday. There is simply very limited food options to get you full without having to endlessly cook mountains of meat. I have a family of 3, and a 4 lb roast barely lasts 2 days, so I can't just eat the leftovers, because what will my husband and child have for dinner? All natural ham is expensive, and that leaves eggs. And Omega 3 eggs are super-expensive too. Veggies and fruit are cheap.

How much sugar do you think 1 lemon, cucumber & egg whites contribute, seeing you highlighted my cucmber lemonade?

Oh, and I am just as hungry after eating 200 g liver and onions fried with coconut oil, eaten with cauliflower mush and having coconut cream with coco powder for dessert.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-09-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

prodistat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    You guys sure it's not because all the sugar you're consuming? I find that once I eat something sugary, the satiety factor from the fats I just ate goes down the drain.

This is true especially when I'm eating nuts/seeds. Those carbs just make me keep on going, whereas I could totally be satisfied with 200 calories of coconut vs 200 calories of nuts.
    +1

If I have grapes/berries/fruit or date-nut bars I can't stop eating. If it's just meat and veggies, I get full and stop eating. They're just not that appealing after a while.
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Well, then fruit really is evil...I had an apple for breakfast and a kiwi at lunch, piece of organic chocolate for a treat, and just popped grapes all around dinner. I think the benefits of the fruit/cocoa far outweigh whatever damage the sugar did. And if we're supposed to be listening to our bodies, why don't we interpret craving for the natural sugar of fruit as a sign that our body needs/wants more of it? Is that really a bad thing?

If I have grapes/berries/fruit or date-nut bars I can't stop eating. If it's just meat and veggies, I get full and stop eating. They're just not that appealing after a while.
    Nope, I can keep eating and eating the meat and veggies (I can eat half a head of cabbage easily), it's the price tag of meat that stops me. Like when people say how they can go on 2 eggs for 4 hours... I am like... Frack, I won't even notice it.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    How much sugar do you think 1 lemon, cucumber & egg whites contribute, seeing you highlighted my cucmber lemonade?
    Idk, I didn't know the ingredients and assumed you did something like add grapes to it, as I've seen in a recipe in a thread other than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Oh, and I am just as hungry after eating 200 g liver and onions fried with coconut oil, eaten with cauliflower mush and having coconut cream with coco powder for dessert.
    Maybe not enough fat? ^^;;;; Although I would totally agree that everybody's body is different, so you are probably one of those people that need some carbs to keep going.

I also disagree that veggies and fruit are cheap. How is $1/lb apples cheaper than $1/5 eggs if you're going to eat the two or three apples? Veggies also are full of water, and although nutrient dense, aren't very filling by themselves.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoS View Post
    Well, then fruit really is evil...I had an apple for breakfast and a kiwi at lunch, piece of organic chocolate for a treat, and just popped grapes all around dinner. I think the benefits of the fruit/cocoa far outweigh whatever damage the sugar did. And if we're supposed to be listening to our bodies, why don't we interpret craving for the natural sugar of fruit as a sign that our body needs/wants more of it? Is that really a bad thing?
    Well I personally don't crave sugar unless I start eating it, which is why I avoid eating it in the first place. But like I said, everybody is different

also disagree that veggies and fruit are cheap. How is $1/lb apples cheaper than $1/5 eggs if you're going to eat the two or three apples? Veggies also are full of water, and although nutrient dense, aren't very filling by themselves.
    Because I live in Canada, and the eggs are $3.70 per dozen, and apples just came from BC freshly picked & our store manager has a fantastic habit of putting veggies and fruit on 50% off sale the moment it looks a bit too ripe or have a tiny brown corner (great as a digestion aid!). I only buy fruits and veggies that are in season or on sale, so it is really cheap. And, to get comparably full to eating 2 apples, I'd need to eat about half a dozen of eggs minimum. Fat doesn't make me full, it makes me feel sick. So, I try to be more Paleo than Primal. All our grass-fed meat is bought & stored in the freezer directly from the farmer for the year. I believe that fruit is far better for me than nitrate and salt filled bacon, even if I could face eating bacon.

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoS View Post
    And if we're supposed to be listening to our bodies, why don't we interpret craving for the natural sugar of fruit as a sign that our body needs/wants more of it? Is that really a bad thing?
    I think binging on fruit is natural, but not necessarily good. In the wild fruit is clustered together on trees and it's only available for a short time each year. So if we happened to find a ripe fruit tree, we evolved the urge to eat it all and fatten up for winter (I'm just guessing, I don't really know).
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laconophile View Post
    I think binging on fruit is natural, but not necessarily good. In the wild fruit is clustered together on trees and it's only available for a short time each year. So if we happened to find a ripe fruit tree, we evolved the urge to eat it all and fatten up for winter (I'm just guessing, I don't really know).
    And some hunter-gatherers didn't get a good kill (fat/protein) for two weeks or so, and had to live off of berries and nuts in the mean time. Plus humans evolved in a various different locations, so I'm not sure that argument holds up.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, Cordaine's book has a discussion of varios pre-agricultural diets, and they range from all meat& fat to pretty much all nuts and roots. A human being can be healthy and vigorous on the variety of foods. The key idea in Primal/Paleo imo is avoiding the processed and tinkered with foods as much as possible, as well as avoiding the foods that disagree with your system. Fat disagrees with my body as violently as grains or dairy does for other folks. So I eat more carbs and less fat. I also noticed that the more I tried to limit fruit, the worse I was eating, and the more I tended to over-eat & crave grains, artificial sweeteners and processed. About the only bad thing I still crave now is nuts (haven't craved cheese lately, yay!). It just doesn't make sense to make oneself sick trying to get healthy. Once I clean up my diet from nuts, I will strike my ideal: veggies, fruit and grass-fed meats diet with an occasional table-spoon of honey or maple syrop. Hopefully, then, I will finally have a normalized appetite. Or maybe I never will, but at least I won't be starved the way I was on CW (still have a trauma from that)! I am trying to push my fasts now to 18 hours, and then 22 hours will be my next goal.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-09-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast