Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My biological age- how depressing page

Glamorama is offline Senior Member

My biological age- how depressing

Primal Fuel
    As you can see from my signature, I've had a good run so far. I've been seeing a naturopath weekly for acupuncture, and yesterday he tested my body fat % and biological age based on fat/muscle-ratio. The fact that I have 38.5% BF didn't baffle me, I knew it was bad, and I know I have 10 more kilos of fat-loss to go before I reach 28%. But that my biological age is 46 is a bit harder to swallow. I'm 31, and feel really energetic, but this got me feeling a bit down. I have a long way to go still. My instant first thought was to stuff my face with chocolate and tell myself there is no point even trying. But instead I went to bed, woke up 9 hours later, had my organic egg-and chives omelet and decided to get on with it. One step at the time, I will use this as inspiration to improve. At least I am a young-looking 46 y.o!

MakeItSo is offline Member
    I think your attitude is spot on, and will see you through this, all the way to where your outside (biological) age matches your inside (mental/spirit) age!

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I've logged on to those "real age" sites and they really are nothing more than a platform for selling conventional nostrums from painkillers to allergy medicine to say nothing of the borderline criminal dietary advice. What's really driving the number is correlation that may or may not have any meaning to a live subject. They even dinged me years because I drive a compact car.

And hey, I'm 48 actually, no decrepitude or senility yet, in fact I feel pretty good
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    I've logged on to those "real age" sites and they really are nothing more than a platform for selling conventional nostrums from painkillers to allergy medicine to say nothing of the borderline criminal dietary advice. What's really driving the number is correlation that may or may not have any meaning to a live subject. They even dinged me years because I drive a compact car.

And hey, I'm 48 actually, no decrepitude or senility yet, in fact I feel pretty good
    +1
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post

You are totally right. This particular test was just based on my fat/muscle-ratio, and seeing my BF% is really high, I guess I was always going to come out older than 31. Well, now I have a number to work towards... its just another tool in my quest for health (and 24% BF at some point in a year or two...).

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItSo View Post
    I think your attitude is spot on, and will see you through this, all the way to where your outside (biological) age matches your inside (mental/spirit) age!
    Yeah, thats the biggest change I got out of this: it shows just how far I've gotten mentally since going primal. Weight and body-fat si all handy, but at the end of the day you'll never get healthy unless you have made that mental shift that a primal lifestyle requires. I believe this will help me do it- hopefully- for life.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Biological age? I am 51 and look and feel much younger. I would say that this is the age where you start to look your health. If you have neglected yourself, it's going to show right about now. You are on the way to being a very young 50 year old!

Quote Originally Posted by HillsideGina View Post
    Biological age? I am 51 and look and feel much younger. I would say that this is the age where you start to look your health. If you have neglected yourself, it's going to show right about now. You are on the way to being a very young 50 year old!
    Its doesn't show on the outside (my skin and hair are both brilliant thanks to oil the fat and O-3s), but I reckon those 10 extra kilos of fat adds on a few years. I always look 5-6 younger when I am at goal-weight (140 pounds). Hopefully I can turn the clock around and make my 30's the new 20s.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Hopefully I can turn the clock around and make my 30's the new 20s.
    That's the spirit!

FWIW, I was watching Oprah w/ Dr. Oz (I know, ridiculous!) BUT there was a couple that knocked 10 years off of their 'biological' ages in 6 months through diet and exercise changes that were basically whole foods, walking and weight lifting, not even totally primal. You'll get there glamorama!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    That's the spirit!

FWIW, I was watching Oprah w/ Dr. Oz (I know, ridiculous!) BUT there was a couple that knocked 10 years off of their 'biological' ages in 6 months through diet and exercise changes that were basically whole foods, walking and weight lifting, not even totally primal. You'll get there glamorama!!
    Bahahahah I don't know what it is but everytime someone mentions Dr. Oz I have to laugh! Good point, if they can do it on one of his dietary recommandations, I'll be 19 in no time! ROFL

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast