Thread: Hey everyone, new here from BC! page

babygrant is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hi everyone!

My name is Angela. I'm a 28 year old mom of two wonderful boys, age 6 and 4. I've also been happily married for 7 years! I live in snowy BC Canada.

I've been unsuccessfully trying to lose weight by calorie counting, and it's just not working for me. I've guessed I have an intolerance to wheat, and dairy necessarily doesn't agree with my body. I'm 5'7 (and a half if it matters ) and back at the end of May 2009 I weighed 184 lbs. I had major surgery and something happened with my body. My eating never changed, my exercise levels never changed, but five days ago I weighed in at 212.8 lbs. I started noticing heart palpitations, when I chased my kids I would get winded really easily, I was getting dizzy, I just generally felt like garbage.

Five days ago I found this forum and was instantly intrigued. The next morning I started eating mostly in tune with what the website suggests. I've had no cravings for carbs. I've had no intense sugar cravings like I had when calorie counting. I've had no burning stomach after eating like I was before. IN ONLY FIVE DAYS!!!! If this is how I'm going to feel for the rest of my life, I'm READY!

So it's not all sunshine and rainbows. Yesterday for Newfie New Years (hehe, we celebrated Newfoundland new years at 7:30 pm and went to bed at 9) my hubby brought me an egg nog. I hadn't had dairy in four days at that point. I drank a small glass and within fifteen minutes I had a splitting headache. I'm still suffering with this headache. Totally made me realize that I do have issues with dairy. My youngest son also cannot have dairy, so I'm already doing dairy free cooking anyways!

So my goals:

I would really like to get down to 140 or 150 pounds. And ok...this is going to sound really shallow, but I want to be a hot wife. I had lost a lot of weight a few years ago and was abou 152 pounds. I remember DH's coworkers would check me out, and they'd tell DH how good looking I was. I am young....but I feel old. I can't remember the last time my hubby saw me wearing make up, dressed up, etc. I am the dictionary picture of frumpy. And most importantly I want to be healthy. My kids deserve a healthy mom, I deserve to be healthy. I want to be able to run with my kids. I want to be able to play with them without getting winded and having to sit down.

Ok, I think that's long enough for now. Looking forward to poking around the forum a bit more and can't wait to get my PB book in the mail! YIPEEEEE!

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Good luck. Youll find this site is great with support and advice. It sounds like you have things pretty figured out.

Welcome! Keep us posted.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

welcome :-)

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Welcome and good luck! It's nice to hear from another british columbian!

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

BC is such a gorgeous province! I've been there many times. Welcome and I wish you the very best.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Welcome to the Tribe, babygrant!