Thread: Primal Blueprint Fitness, Tabata spin? page

llewin is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Fitness, Tabata spin?

Shop Now
    I've been at something of a plateau for about 45 days now, I went from 360lbs in February to 320 lbs in July and I've been fluctuating from 320 to 315, up and down, since then.

I'm considering trying the Leptin Prescription on Jack Kruse's blog and he doesn't recommend "moving slowly for long distances" or really sprints that I can see. He seems to be suggesting resistance training and HIIT which I did a bit of research on. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to do the 5 key resistance training exercises in Mark's fitness ebook tabata style. I'm thinking about 1 exercise tabata style every other day and rotating through the 5 (though I'm not sure how to make this work for Plank).

Has anyone tried this? What are the results?

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest trying the standard PBF before trying this Tabata version.

llewin is offline Member
    Yeah, that is an option but it definitely isn't a HIIT workout doing it the normal way, is it? Dr Kruse seems to think a HIIT workout would be preferable during the 6 to 8 week leptin reset.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I'm not overly familiar with Dr Kruse but he actually seems to suggest following the Body For Life programme after LS is restored. And he recommends no exercise during the LR protocol.

And he does suggest sprints. Not sure if we are reading the same material here!

THE LEPTIN RX……….. FAQ’s | Jack Kruse