Thread: Wanna help with a muffin recipe? page

Goldstar is offline Senior Member

Wanna help with a muffin recipe?

Primal Fuel
    Before going primal I made these chocolate pumpkin muffins that my DH just loves. I loved them because they were so darned simple! Just dry boxed cake mix and pumpkin. No added oils, eggs, milk or anything else.

I'd love to figure out a primal version of chocolate cake mix, preferably sugar free or with stevia so I can make these again. I just need the powder ingredients only, like they come out of the cake mix box. Any ideas for types of flours and proportions of flour, baking soda/powder, stevia, etc?

This could be one for the cookbooks!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I made these last night and they are delicious. Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Muffins Recipe | Elana's Pantry Muffins are super easy so it would no problem to change ingredients around. I used coconut nectar instead of agave and butter instead of grapeseed oil. Adding cocoa powder and using stevia instead of a nectar would be easy enough. Just adjust the dry until it was the right consistency. The original recipe was actually a bit too wet so I added some chia seeds to absorb some of the moisture and they were perfect. Not too heavy and very yummy.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    These are awesome from the recipe, but also a pretty versatile base for any flavor of muffin. I've used 100% baking chocolate for chocolate muffins. Also awesome with cinnamon..

Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations: Honey Muffins

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    That's a good start, thanks for the link. Definitely have to add the cocoa powder. What blend of tapioca/potato/coconut/any other flours might be a good replacement for the almond flour? I wonder how many drops of my liquid stevia would work to sweeten a whole muffin batch?

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat any starches except for the occasional sweet potato, so I don't know. I also can't tolerate coconut solids so I can't help you there either. I basically stick with almond and flax seed meal. As for the stevia, I would look around for a muffin recipe that uses stevia and try that, maybe tasting for sweetness and adding if you need to. I do a lot of "mixing" of recipes if something doesn't look right or I need to use different ingredients. If you were to google the ingredients you want to use + muffins you would probably find a good recipe to start from. I like almond flour because it's moister than most replacement flours I've tried. That, plus I can tolerate it. Do you not eat almonds or just don't have them on hand? If you do eat them then a mix with the others would probably work and it would be less carbs.