Hi everyone. Looking forward to starting the challenge on Monday and finally getting myself into good health again.

I'm 47, English and live in the Bay Area after lengthy stints in Barcelona, Hong Kong and Singapore. After a hard slog at the gym and a big change in diet for the last 18 months, I've reduced my weight from 350lbs down to 290lbs (I'm 6" tall). The best part is that my doctors took me off the meds I've been on for years - pills for high cholesterol, high BP and type II diabetes - since all my numbers were looking so good. I've noticed my weight creeping up again and what with the junk I still consume, I'm sure my numbers are getting bad again.

I've been stalled at this weight for months and up until a couple of months ago, I was doing a lot of rowing and cross-fit type exercises every day for an hour or more. I'm definitely much "fitter" but the weight won't come off no matter how many times a day I work out.

We were blessed with a beautiful girl on July 1st and so a good nights sleep is a thing of the past - I'm lucky if I get a few hours a night - this is my biggest concern about the challenge - I know good sleep is very important - and it's just not an option for me right now.

Whilst my diet is a huge improvement over what it was, it's still not remotely primal. I've heard such great things about this approach that I've decided to dedicate the next 30 days to seeing what it can do for me. People say I look about 40lbs less than I am - I have a big frame - but I still want to get down to around 220lbs so I've still got a ways to to.

Here are some answers to the questions I saw in a different thread

How Primal are you:
-- Not really. I consume too much bread, cheese and milk. I do love meat, veggies and fruit though.

Do you consume dairy:
-- Yes, I drink a ton of low fat milky coffee every day

Do you drink coffee or tea:
-- Oh yes - several large low fat lattes every day

Motivator for switching to Primal:
-- Health and I want to look lean

Favorite exercise:
-- Rowing machine and burpees

Favorite Primal food:
-- Streak

Best part about being Primal:
-- I expect it'll be how good I feel

Worst part about being Primal:
-- No scrumptious, crusty white bread.

Glad to be here and looking forward to seeing what I can achieve in the challenge. Thanks in advance for all the great info, tips, advice and support that I'm sure is part of this forum.

Cheers.

Cal.