Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So tired. page

MissKiminy is offline Junior Member

So tired.

Hey All,

I have been eating Paleo/Primal for about 2 months now, and people keep talking about this amazing energy that they are getting... personally I am pooped!! All the time, this is something that I had issues with prior to eating cleanly... but I am wondering if there is something medically that I need to address or if there are some supplements that I can take to help get my ass in gear!!!

I don't eat grains, I eat meat meat meat and more meat, along with eggs. I have one piece of fruit a day, I kicked the diet soda habit, and I avoid sweeteners and sugar as much as possible... I don't eat carbs other then my veggies with lunch and dinner... and I take supplements.... here is the list :-P

Fish Oil (high-ish dose for a couple of week as I just started taking it)
    Vit D 4000 units
    Kelp
    5-THP ( think that's what it is called for mood ect, just started this to help with mood swings)
    Vit B 50
    Natural Calm at night before bed.

I get about 8 hours a night, and sometimes more... but I still wake up every morning exhausted... THEN throughout the day I am blah, tired and listless.

I just want a spring in my step and some spunkiness!!! I feel like I am still plogging along through the day, I am trying to muster up the energy to start working out, but I can barely get motivated to walk the dog every day...

*sigh* is the youthful exuberance of my 20's gone for good?? (I turned 30 in July HAHAHA)

Thanks in advance for any input!

CMHFFEMT is offline Member
    I started doing Dr. K's leptin reset protocol MY LEPTIN PRESCRIPTION | Jack Kruseand it absolutely turned my energy around in four weeks. I still weigh more than I did at 18 but I really think I feel better than I ever have.

dado Guest
    Are you a happy person? Do you feel helpless?

It could be just constant lack of joy. You have to work to make joy.

Sometimes you force your body to work out and the brain follows because it has no choice.

I wouldn't say that my life lacks joy... that sounds horrible LOL!!! I am a bit of a downer lately tho, and I feel its partly because I haven't motivate myself... I mean hell if I can't do it who will right???
    I'm going to go home tonight and work out!!! Dammit!!! :-D

I really have very little to complain about in life, I'm not sick, I'm not terribly overweight more looking to get tonned and healthier... I have a fab hubby and an amazing house (we just moved into our dream home at the end of May), and a great job (I love my job and the people I am blessed to work with)... so I don't know what could be making me a debbie downer... Just looking for that magic moment when everything comes together and I have that TADA Moment I guess... :-P

Thanks for the thought folks!!!! :-D

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a sleep disorder (are you a heavy snorer?)? Or less drastically, do you have decent sleep hygiene and a set night time routine? ie. no screens (tv, computer,etc) close to bed time, no caffeine late in the afternoon (chocolate), for me I can't do coconut oil late, also I sleep better if I have not had anything to eat in at least 3 hours before bed, dark, quiet, cool, room, etc.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissKiminy View Post
    I wouldn't say that my life lacks joy... that sounds horrible LOL!!! I am a bit of a downer lately tho, and I feel its partly because I haven't motivate myself... I mean hell if I can't do it who will right???
    I'm going to go home tonight and work out!!! Dammit!!! :-D

I really have very little to complain about in life, I'm not sick, I'm not terribly overweight more looking to get tonned and healthier... I have a fab hubby and an amazing house (we just moved into our dream home at the end of May), and a great job (I love my job and the people I am blessed to work with)... so I don't know what could be making me a debbie downer... Just looking for that magic moment when everything comes together and I have that TADA Moment I guess... :-P

Thanks for the thought folks!!!! :-D
    Maybe you are seeking, to not seek is the first lesson. All things seem in order, just be thankful.

Ah, now I see, are you grateful? Do you verbalize your gratefulness everyday?

CMHFFEMT is offline Member
    Hey also you might want to do a search on this site for low carb flue. I am not going to swear on these details but it seems to me that serotonin is stored in the intestines and released with ingestion of carbohydrates but since you have cut them your not releasing them. If I can remember right you can reverse it with 5HTP supplementation. Do the search and verify some of the details but I bet its what up.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladycarnivore View Post
    My experience taught me that I have to use energy to make energy! The more I do as far as moving around during the dayas in walking, stretching, biking, hiking etc the more energy I have.. I am 50 and wake up wide-eyed and raring to go.. Also my secret weapon for the past several months has been two extra spoonfuls of coconut oil during the day. Usually with breakfast and lunch or right before a hike or workut! It seems to work great for me and hubs and the people in my hiking group that I have shared the idea withBest wishes..
    yep, this +1
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I am seeing a little more clearly that I am being a bit of a whiner LOL and that I am waiting for someone else to do this for me... that's not going to happen...!! SOOOO... starting this evening I am going to head straight for a work out when I get home! Then a bite to eat and out with the dog for a walk!

Unfortunately I think I do have a touch of a carb flu since I haven't been 100% primal and I did munch on some corn tortilla chips over the weekend, I have been strict about the gluten free tho, I think a leak gut would make matters worse LOL

Thanks for the help, I was wondering, what was the fitness aspect like when you were getting started? Am I the only person here that didn't hit the ground running (no pun intended)

Thanks again

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not necessarily. When what the OP describes happened to me, it was stage III adrenal fatigue. Please check into it, OP, most especially since you are already on vitamins D and B, both of which should be giving you lots of energy. Many threads here about it. Do you feel often overwhelmed by just getting through a routine day? That is one of the classic symptoms.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast