Thread: Misinforming the next generation! AUGH! page

ConnieB is offline Junior Member

Misinforming the next generation! AUGH!

Primal Fuel
    So I'm taking a class to work towards completing my degree... Diet and Nutritional Therapy.
    It's being taught by an R.D. (read government, Big Agra employee). I don't know how I'm going to make it through the semester.
    1st of all, the instructor is my age (mid 40's) and about 60lbs overweight.
    Last class I got to hear all about the importance of grains, and how there is NO evidence that sugar causes ANY health problems.
    Today's lesson was all about fats, and the importance of a "heart healthy" low fat diet.

Doesn't anyone notice that since we've been doing that, we're all even fatter and sicker?

davem is offline Senior Member
    First thing I learned at uni, was to regurgitate back exactly what the instructor wants to get the pass, and then form opinions based on real knowledge.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

dado Guest
    What davem said. This is what the other girl posted today or yesterday about being in that nursing course, very similar.

You have to clearly define your goals, you have to be able to see what you're doing and why you're doing it.

I'll assume you're working towards your degree so you can land some type of job in whatever field you're going for, in which case your sole focus in class is to tell the professor what he wants to hear, to answer the way you're expected to answer on the exam, and keep it moving. Doing otherwise creates unnecessary conflict where you stand no chance of coming out on top. You will always lose if you go against the professor and you cannot gain anything at all by doing so.

You are not in school or class to educate the professor. You're there to take it, no matter how much it hurts, and move on with your life. What you do later, that's a different story.

So, you see, you will get through the semester easily.

hbmcracer is offline Member
    What they all said, but then after you have your grade in the class and are sure you won't have to take anymore of his classes....pat him on the stomach and say, "how's that grain diet going for ya?"
    July 25 - 231.4
    Aug 25 - 220
    Sep 26 - 214
    Oct 26 - 208.8

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by hbmcracer View Post
    What they all said, but then after you have your grade in the class and are sure you won't have to take anymore of his classes....pat him on the stomach and say, "how's that grain diet going for ya?"
    That'd be a Kodak moment, for sure.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.