Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! I'm stuck in a conventional wisdom nutrition course! page 2

norak is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    Not exactly, but the government's dietary guidelines are almost scary. This site shows the recommended "food pyramid": Food Guide Pyramid. As you can see, it's very heavy on grains and very low on fats.
    Just cut out the bottom part of the pyramid. Problem solved.

We have similar recommendations in Norway, but I've always considered the grain advice to be for financial reasons, i.e. grains is the cheapest way to get healthy nutrients. The government can not recommend that people base their diet on meat, fish and fowl, because that would be too expensive, so they recommend grains as a cheaper substitute. So, just say you can afford not eating grains and you can still eat within the USDA guidelines.

... or even better, just say you don't like grains.

When I was a kid, I only ate bread because we could not afford meat for every meal. If we actually could afford it, there would be no reason whatsoever to continue eating bread or grain products... I think it's the same thing with rice in many countries.
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Grizz is offline Banned
    It is really disgusting that people are sooo brainwashed to eat the USDA food guidelines. The EPIDEMIC of Obesity, Diabetes, Heart Disease and MUCH MORE are a direct result of these Frankenstein guidelines. The book, "Wheat Belly" was just released last week and is already attracting fire from the Big Guns.
    Do you eat wheat? I thought so. | The Heart Scan Blog

I feel sorry for Dr. Davis. The Big Guns will likely revoke his doctors license for publishing his book.
    http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...w-wheat-belly/

NO ONE is allowed to tell the TRUTH about our Food, Medical & Drug Propaganda Machine. Thank GOD he has the BIG BRASS BALLS to stand up against the Big Business Bullies. I wish him the best. My order for his book is in. We ordered it from Amazon.Com.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-08-2011 at 06:26 AM.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    if it's a good nutrition class you should be able to do just fine while still adhering to primal laws. your teacher may be a little gung-ho about CW wisdom, but s/he can't really lower your grade if your work is clear and covers all the bases. this website is loaded with research about why saturated fat is good, why grains are bad, and there are hundreds of personal accounts as to the effectiveness of the primal blueprint to not only help a person lose weight and fat, but correct overall health. a nutrition class shouldn't be preaching what to eat, it should be teaching about how what a person eats affects the body. granted, those are facts backed up by plenty of conflicting research, but it's research just the same.
    don't change your thinking or lie about what you eat or anything like that--support it. if your teacher has a problem with the nurses study and gives you a bad grade...well, that's what the appeal process is for. just be precise, and you'll be fine.

Grizz is offline Banned
    cavewoman,

I agree with what dado, zophie & darkmistress said earlier. Just nod your head, get good grades and keep your mouth shut. Your only task for now is to graduate and get a good job. All of us know that the Nutrition Course is a farce and a crime against humanity.

Don't attempt to change the course or to convince anyone of better nutrition ideas. Let the revolutionaries like Dr. Wm Davis fight the "Autocratic System." After you are well established into your new career, you might want to join with Dr. Davis in making waves. Now is not the time or the place. Just play dumb, follow along, and tell them what they want to hear.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-08-2011 at 09:05 AM.

TheCavewoman is offline Junior Member
    I can't even BEGIN to thank you all! I definitely feel more comfortable just shutting up and passing the course now. For my diet assessment, I will just use my real diet and then analyze how it should be "made more healthy according to the USDA guidelines." :roll eyes:
    Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I feel sorry for Dr. Davis. The Big Guns will likely revoke his doctors license for publishing his book.
    Such ridiculousness for the truth. I am definitely hoping for him that they don't, though such an action will someday reflect how nonsensical such organizations are on the matter of modern nutrition.

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    You're not there to change the world, you're there to get the grade and get on with your career.

Don't give it a second thought.
    I won't now! Thanks. For now I'll worry about passing and graduating and then I can worry about changing the world. But I'll leave that up to others for now!

Thanks again everyone!
    The Cavewoman's Lunch Box - Creative meal ideas for a Paleolithic diet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12