Thread: First 24-hour IF page

nicoleah is offline Member

Cool First 24-hour IF

Shop Now
    I do 16-18 hour fasts 1-3 times per week, but completed my first 24 hour IF. I've been off all diabetes & hypothyroid meds for a while and have been cautiously working in fasts. Had a wonderful 2 hour dance session/workout last night and felt pretty great most of the day. I'd feel hungry and a little light-headed for a bit, then it would go away and I was full of bounce-around energy. Not bad for a "recovering" type 2 diabetic/reactive hypoglycemic!

That's all, just wanted to share with people that get it. I was told today I was anorexic by a co-worker... So I broke my fast on roast beef and a small salad just so they'd freak out about all that horrible fatty red meat next!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    That's great to hear. I want to start more regular 18 hour fasts but still feel horrible 6 hours after a meal and only food helps my low energy-levels. I guess it will get better over time.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Rather liberating, isn't it? Good job.

nicoleah is offline Member
    Glamorama, exactly, just give it time. It took me a year of pretty strict Primal to even attempt this. I realize I'll never be "cured" of reactive hypoglycemia, but now I know what works for me. I did a Whole 30 in August which really helped me determine which foods were still affecting my BG.

Liberating? I'll say! I was an overweight-eat-every-3-hours-or-go-hypo just a little over a year ago. It's an amazing difference in how I look and feel!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    It's weird. I was able to IF after 2 months, but from last week I have not managed because I feel so flat and tired?! Seems to a stage where my body is going through major changes. I'll give it time and go with the flow.