Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mswycoe Journal page

mswycoe Guest

Mswycoe Journal

Primal Fuel

Okay, I am new to the forum but not the MDA site. My mom actually discovered this site at the end of this last summer. She was always talking about it and asking me questions about some of the stuff she read. Which lead to me reading a few articles and posts, then I ordered the book and have been half-a@%ing it since sometime in Septmeber.

I want to put more effort into it this year. My mom has moved onto following a zero carb (meat and water only) lifestyle but I like my veggies, so I am sticking around MDA. I enjoy the daily posts, the recipes and the huge anount of scientific information (with links back to the original sources!).

I have been overweight since puberty and just recently (last 2-3 years) developed some adult acne. I tried doctor suggested cures for my obesity and my face, to no avail. Once I dropped the Depo Shot (birth control) and started cutting back on my starches I lost 60 pounds in one year. My face was still a mess.

I gradually returned to eating "normal" and gained thirty pounds back. Which I have lost again since I went primal this year.I kept measurements last time I lost weight. I just compared them to my measurements now, I was very happy to notice that even though I weigh the same I am smaller in inches, by up to 2 inches smaller in some places. I don't have any sagging issues this time around, either. Last time at this weight I had some seriously nasty looking skin on my upper arms and belly, not this time. Everything is firm!

I still drank a lot of coffee and black tea after I went primal. Diet Sodas are my major weakness . . . I CRAVE them. If I see one I can taste it and feel it, lol.It's pretty bad. I began to notice that the more coffee and tea I drank in a day the more likely I was to grab a diet pepsi or 2 or 4 by the end of the day.

So I went cold turkey on caffine the first week of December. I still want a diet soda but it no longer feels like an addiction CRAVING. I quit smoking 2 years ago and the cravings for a diet soda really felt as strong to me as my old cravings for a cigarette. I think the caffine in the coffee and tea were triggers for my diet soda addiction. A nice side effect of dumping the caffine is that my face cleared up about a week after I gave up caffine. I don't know of any reason why that might be related. I am just glad to no longer have worse pimples than my students.

I am pretty ready to go into the primal lifestyle 100%. I just got my first CSA box, I already eat primal eggs and dairy products. Today I ordered the Omega Oil capsules from primal nutrition. I bought a freezer to hold the 1/4 or 1/2 side of beef that I am hoping to be able to afford in the spring. I stocked my pantry with wonderfull spices, vinegars and healthy oils. My mother and I are clearing a part of the yard to build a primal playground come spring time.

My goals this year is to make this lifestyle easy and natural to maintain (which I think means IF,jerky and pemmican for when I travel). I am going to lose this last 40 pounds as well.

Grok On! (Oh, I got to buy a t-shirt as well)

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

mswycoe,

Welcome to the Tribe!!!

mswycoe Guest

Thank you kuno1chi, I look forward to catching up on past posts in this forum.

Day 1:

I got up early to try to clean out the garage before rain hit. I didn't make it. I pulled everything out, cleaned the garage, built some shelves and then it started raining. So I covered it all up with a tarp and began the task of organizing everything into totes and stacking it all back into the garage. This took 6 hours total. I am going to count it as lifting heavy things.

It was very cold, windy and rainy. Which I am going to use as my excuse for eating so much fat today.

Breakfast:

Coffee with 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Fried (in ghee) halloumi cheese with primal marinara

Lunch:

Spicy Chicken strips fried in butter with roasted butternut squash and sourcream

Dinner:

Spicy Primal Pozole with a whole avocado

Fat:194g/68%

Protein:157g/26%

Carbs:42g/6%

Calories:2,539

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

OMG---I LOVE Halloumi cheese. Now I want some, and my store is closed.

Hmph :-(

Recipe for the Primal Pozole, please?

mswycoe Guest

I have everyone in my family loving that halloumi cheese. I fry it in ghee with some basil. As it is draining I fry a sliced tomato in the leftover ghee. Then I just scoop up the tomato with the cheese "sticks". My son likes it better than the breaded restaurant mozzarella sticks.

I will post the pozole recipe on the recipe section of the forum. I don't really measure my ingrediants so I need to find the scrap of paper that had my original recipe on it

mswycoe Guest

On the weekends I am a waitress (I teach at a continuation high school, Monday - Friday). So I eat a big breakfast at home and then nothing until I get home from my after work grocery shopping. Today I couldn't make it that long to eat dinner. I don't know why I have been so hungry for the last two days. It is a real hunger with an angry, growling stomach.

Breakfast:

Coffee with heavy cream

Pozole with sour cream

Lunch: IF

Dinner:

Pozole with sour cream and avocado

Fat:136g/59%

Protein:189g/39%

Carbs:12g/2%

Calories:2,065

mswycoe Guest

Day 3

Breakfast:

3 eggs cooked in butter, small serving Halloumi cheese

decaf with heavy whipping cream

Lunch:Ribeye

Dinner:

Pork Chop with braised cabbage

decaf with french vanilla creamer

Fat:145g/63%

Protein:137g/28%

Carbs:51g/9%

Calories:2,065

mswycoe Guest

Day 4

Breakfast:

Cofee with heavy cream

3 fried eggs

petite sirloin

Lunch:

BAS:spring mix, red bell peppers, avocado, lemon juice,olives, sour cream, petite sirloin

Dinner:

3 broiled shortribs

Fat:131g/60%

Protein:159g/35%

Carbs:25g/5%

Calories:1,912

AverageJoe is offline Junior Member

keep up the good work. sounds like you have successfully made a lot of changes.

mswycoe Guest

Thanks for the encouragment Joe.

Day 5

Breakfast:

3 eggs scrambled with green onion and sour cream

warmed up heavy cream (with hot water) with cinnamon and cardamom

Lunch:

4 slices thick cut bacon, ground beef and cheddar cheese

Dinner:

Spicy Sausage with Kale

Fat:187g/81%

Protein:85g/17%

Carbs:12g/2%

Calories:2,084

This was the first time I had tried kale - I loved it. I got it in my CSA box and wanted to cook it up tonight. I was still full from lunch so I just tried a few bites. I can't wait to finish it for breakfast. It was delicious. I am going to try the collard greens next, I have only had them the "southern" way before. This time I am going to try them the Brazillian way.

I am very happy with how my heavy whipping cream turned out. In the winter I need something hot to drink but I don't want caffine or decaf coffee or tea, either. So this morning I took the usual amount of heavy cream that I use in my coffee, added hot water and spices and thought my mouth was in heaven. It should get me through the rest of the winter jsut fine.

I think I am going to IF tomorrow, after my yummy breakfast.

I started the 100 pushup challenge. My initial test was 5 pushups. But they were real pushups! I remember at the begining of last year I couldn't even do 1! I haven't done any specific training, I really haven't worked out much since I became primal - just normal day to day heavy lifting and walking.

I think that the loss of 30 pounds must have helped. I want to go out sprinting sometime this week as well. I haven't gone running since July. I would be interested in seeing if there has been an improvement in that as well.

My main goals for this year are to just become stricter on the chemical thing (I got my carbs and processed food under control). I need to be more careful of fast food versions of meat and dairy. I also want to start a regular PB workout plan - hiking or biking 5x a week, heavy lifting 2x a week and sprinting 1x a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast