Thread: Primal in Durango page

PrimalDurango is offline Junior Member

Primal in Durango

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey all,

I've been trying this primal/paleo way of eating and living for the last 2-3 months, but I never totally gave up my "need" for a cold beer at the end of a hot day. I'm going to attempt to wean my bad habits and take on newer better ones through the 30 Day challenge starting Monday. I just wanted to say hey to the masses and hopefully some of you are in the same boat. Many of my close friends think I am crazy for giving up pasta, bread, etc etc...but since my dad went primal 2 months ago he's down 18 pounds. I've never thought of him as fat, but now I can truly say he's getting fit! As a former believer in chronic cardio as a means of weight loss, I am truly enamored with Mark's lifestyle ideals. Anyways, I always have a hard time with motivation, but I've always just passed through these forums without posting, so I figured if it's been working for many, if not all, of you, I am in.

Anyways, Good luck to anyone else joining the Challenge this year!

Ryan

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Hello mountain dweller! I'm in for the Challenge. Good for your dad!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDurango View Post
    Hey all,

I've been trying this primal/paleo way of eating and living for the last 2-3 months, but I never totally gave up my "need" for a cold beer at the end of a hot day. I'm going to attempt to wean my bad habits and take on newer better ones through the 30 Day challenge starting Monday. I just wanted to say hey to the masses and hopefully some of you are in the same boat. Many of my close friends think I am crazy for giving up pasta, bread, etc etc...but since my dad went primal 2 months ago he's down 18 pounds. I've never thought of him as fat, but now I can truly say he's getting fit! As a former believer in chronic cardio as a means of weight loss, I am truly enamored with Mark's lifestyle ideals. Anyways, I always have a hard time with motivation, but I've always just passed through these forums without posting, so I figured if it's been working for many, if not all, of you, I am in.

Anyways, Good luck to anyone else joining the Challenge this year!

Ryan
    I was JUST in Durango for a wedding! It's beautiful up there! I meant to check out James Ranch while we were there, but unfortunately our trip was super short. Next time!

Once your 30 day challenge is up, you may wish to try some of the gluten-free beers. I like Green's; the blonde and the amber are great, and I have a bottle of the stout in my fridge that I'll be drinking sometime this week. Bard's is a distant second; sometimes it tastes great, sometimes it tastes a bit muddy. St. James is another beer that I keep meaning to try, but haven't yet.

And there's also hard cider. Some varieties are very sweet (I avoid those), but some are quite dry.

My fiance still drinks regular beer because he's a hophead; he's still losing weight, and the gluten doesn't seem to bother him like it does me. As for being crazy to give up pasta...I think it's crazy to go back to the way I was feeling before I did. All a matter of perspective!

Good luck!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Ryan, and good luck with the Challenge. It will serve you well. As for the Ales:-) I too enjoyed them from time to time, but the more Primal I became, the less I missed them. A glass of Red wine, or maybe some good scotch on occasion has suited me well:-) Rock Out with your Grok Out!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Dude, one of the best reasons to live in Durango is Carver's. I would be a fat-ass, alcoholic if I still lived there. LOL. Welcome.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

David ray is offline Junior Member
    Hi PrimalDurango, I'm accepting your answer. Thank for sharing...

PrimalDurango is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Dude, one of the best reasons to live in Durango is Carver's. I would be a fat-ass, alcoholic if I still lived there. LOL. Welcome.
    I know. I have to stay far away from there. At least for this next month.

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Ryan! I love that area, I grew up in Alamosa and skied mostly at wolf creek but we got over there once in a while too.

I just started eating primally but so far so great.

~rc