Thread: Anyone else IF'ing today? page

Bamaphotopro is offline Senior Member

Anyone else IF'ing today?

Primal Fuel
    So I overdid it yesterday ... time to IF today. Getting through breakfast is a piece of cake, but making it to dinner is another matter. But I'm gonna give it the old college try!

Here are my totals from yesterday ... the carbs are from blueberries, grapes, and mixed veggies. Protein from eggs, pork chop, a 6oz. sirloin, whole milk, and a large chicken breast. But that's about 2 days worth of protein for me.

Total

Calories: 2,377

Fat: 115.6

Carbs: 135.8

Protein (YOWSERS!): 205.3

Oh, and for the record ... I am down 10 pounds since I began 3 weeks ago. Guess I should start that heavy lifting now.
    Bamaphotopro - Wedding & Portrait Photographer, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Age 56 - Quad Bypass Survivor, Sept. 16, 2005
    Went Primal - 8/22/2011 - 218 lbs.
    9/13/2011 - 206 lbs. (Wife Noticed!)
    Next Goal - 200 lbs. - Leaner & Stronger

http://www.momentsnoticed.com

Facebook Personal Profile (Friend Me!):
    http://www.facebook.com/Bamaphotopro

Facebook Pro Page (Be a Fan!):
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moment...C/111048610165

otzi Guest
    It's up to you, of course, but I think IF'ing as a punishment for overdoing it yesterday is not a good plan. IF'ing should come natural. If you can't make it til dinner, your body is telling you something. If I overdo it one day, I just get back on track the next.

I IF nearly every day. I eat a big lunch, smaller supper, and no breakfast. I have absolutely no problem making it from supper to lunch, an 18hr window of no eating. Once, I tried IF'ing for 24hrs just out of curiosity and I was able to do it, but really started getting hungry so I don't think I like doing that.

Anyway, good luck!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    It's up to you, of course, but I think IF'ing as a punishment for overdoing it yesterday is not a good plan. IF'ing should come natural. If you can't make it til dinner, your body is telling you something. If I overdo it one day, I just get back on track the next.
    +1

IF'ing is something you do because you screwed up, it's something you use as a tool (in a large toolbox) to achieve whatever goal it is you are after. It's the same mentality of going "extra hard" on the treadmill because you ate a Big Mac.
    I IF everyday for at least 16 hours and usually around 20. I have done a 40 hour before and it was no big deal. Just wanted to see if I could do it.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Monika is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaphotopro View Post
    So I overdid it yesterday ... time to IF today. Getting through breakfast is a piece of cake, but making it to dinner is another matter. But I'm gonna give it the old college try!

Here are my totals from yesterday ... the carbs are from blueberries, grapes, and mixed veggies. Protein from eggs, pork chop, a 6oz. sirloin, whole milk, and a large chicken breast. But that's about 2 days worth of protein for me.

Total

Calories: 2,377

Fat: 115.6

Carbs: 135.8

Protein (YOWSERS!): 205.3

Oh, and for the record ... I am down 10 pounds since I began 3 weeks ago. Guess I should start that heavy lifting now.
    It appears that you consumed quite a few calories, but from mostly good Primal foods. I'm not sure that would require IF'g...maybe a laxative...jeeze..j/k IF'ing should be done naturally, listening to your body for Que's whether or not your hungry or just think it's time to eat. I am experimenting with it over the last 7 days. So far it's been "ok"...not something I am used to doing, I'm more of a time to eat kinda gal and trying to break free from that has proven to be easier that I thought, although when lunchtime rolls around....it's almost the "time" issue again except I know I'm hungry having skipped breakfast. Great to hear that your 10 pounds down..I started eating Primal on 8/19/2011 and I will also weigh myself in about 10 days...but overall I just feel better than I ever have....
    Try IF'ing...what have ya got to lose besides a little more fat

Guys, it looks as though I left a wrong impression. I'm not doing this as punishment, per se ... it's more of averaging things out a bit. If I felt hungry, I would eat. Truth is, I don't feel hungry at all. And *that* I perceive to be a good thing. :-)

June is offline Senior Member
    Normally I wake up hungry so I have breakfast. When I've had a lot to eat the day before I won't be hungry at my normal breakfast time so I just wait until I get hungry.

If you get hungry at 3pm then stop your fast at that time

2,300 calories is really not that much... I'm female, 5'-7" and I could put that away once a week and not feel bad about it....

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Normally I wake up hungry so I have breakfast. When I've had a lot to eat the day before I won't be hungry at my normal breakfast time so I just wait until I get hungry.

If you get hungry at 3pm then stop your fast at that time

2,300 calories is really not that much... I'm female, 5'-7" and I could put that away once a week and not feel bad about it....
    I was looking more at the amount of protein. Seems I had read somewhere here that too much of a good thing can do more harm than good. But at the end of the day, today's IF is more about whether I can do it or not. And now it is almost 1:30 PM local time, and I'm still just not hungry. :-)

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Too much protein isn't going to do any damage unless your kidneys are already damaged. 205 grams is probably a lot more than you can use though.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post

I IF nearly every day. I eat a big lunch, smaller supper, and no breakfast. I have absolutely no problem making it from supper to lunch, an 18hr window of no eating. Once, I tried IF'ing for 24hrs just out of curiosity and I was able to do it, but really started getting hungry so I don't think I like doing that.

Anyway, good luck!
    That was a good catch of some very CW-thinnking: I was bad, so I'm going to punish myself. Usually that involves sweets for the "bad" and overexertion on the physical side for the "punish". I think it creates a bad mindset towards both food/treats and exercise.

As an illustration of the power of negative feelings towards exercise: My wife, years after she got out of her 9-year Army Reserve service, still refuses to do pushups as any part of any workout routine that I build for her. She says that every time she does one, she feels like she is being back in basic training and being punished. I really wish she would get over that.
    Last edited by jfreaksho; 09-07-2011 at 02:23 PM.