Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 30-Day Challenge Starting September 12, 2011 page

June is offline Senior Member

Wink 30-Day Challenge Starting September 12, 2011

Shop Now
    HI! I was wondering if there is a place to discuss the 30-day challenge on the forum yet. If so, please post the link here. If not, could we discuss here?

I've yet to go "fully" primal so I'm looking forward to it and I'm hoping to make some friends along the way!

Mark's Post Announcing the Challenge with Links: Announcement: The 2011 Primal Blueprint 30-Day Challenge Begins September 12 | Mark's Daily Apple

melodious is offline Senior Member
    Based on a quick glance through the boards, I don't see anything, so ... Let's discuss it here!

I was suspecting the challenge would happen. I've been primal about 1.5 years (a little more now, I guess). Periodically, even without Mark's challenges, I do a month with no extra sugar and no grains. Otherwise, I just avoid them, but still eat out occasionally, or at friends' houses and drink or whatever. The only thing I completely avoid is gluten.
    So, I started my own, personal, 30-day challenge on August 30th. I'm very gung-ho about this challenge, though. I love the things he has us do: the picnics, the recipe-making. Last year was my first time, and I'm totally excited!

lunadam is offline Member
    I'm definitely in. I started yesterday, technically but I am still not doing the "moderation" thing for alcohol. I plan to cut it out completely during the challenge.

PrimalDurango is offline Junior Member
    Count me in! My parents have gone 100% primal and based on the changes they've seen in a month, this will be a great experience!

My husband and I are in too! I've been pretty strict for a few weeks now but he's more recent so its good timing for us.

I've seen big changes in my short time being primal so we're looking forward to it

June is offline Senior Member
    I am going to have difficultly with the following:

1) Not overeating protein. I should be at 84-96g of protein daily (according to MDA: How to Eat According to the Primal Blueprint | Mark's Daily Apple). I regularly can eat around 130g if I'm not paying attention (this leaves me sluggish). When I eat more veggies, my protein level is more appropriate, so that is my focus.

2) Keeping nuts and seeds under control. Sometimes when I start eating nuts, I just cannot stop. Literally. Until the nuts are gone (but I keep bulk quantities in the house so this is never good). I'm going to use nuts as a garnish, or not at all. I've read a lot of conflicting information on nuts and I'd rather err on the side of "less".

3) Dairy. I use a little heavy cream and cheese on a regular basis. Some days I go overboard with sour cream, cream, yogurt, etc so I need to be sure my use is "in moderation".

I guess they call it a "challenge" for a reason...

I'm happy to have a place to vent all this out. I'm a recovering bulimic and grains/sugars are my only triggers (I haven't figured it out scientifically, but they are completely toxic to my mental health). Eliminating those has helped my recovery process 80%. The other 20% is keeping them eliminated I'm so happy to have this challenge and to have others to discuss it with.

Juliemama is offline Senior Member

Talking

The timing is perfect! My kids are back in school tomorrow, I go back (again, I am 38) today. Gonna have to use the brain again! YAY! Bring on the challenge! I am SO ready! I really enjoy summer, and get a little lax, so it will be nice to get back on track!

hbmcracer is offline Member
    I'm in!!
    July 25 - 231.4
    Aug 25 - 220
    Sep 26 - 214
    Oct 26 - 208.8

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    I'm really up for this. Bit worried about slipping up later on as I move to Canada on October 2nd - but sure I can sort myself out.

MakeItSo is offline Member
    I'm in as well, although I technically started a week ago. Currently going back-and-forth between carb flu symptoms (lack of focus, minor headaches) and feeling like I could punch a bear in the mouth.

Thankfully the challenge isn't overlapping with Halloween, as having 2-3 celebratory Laffy Taffys is critical to my mental well-being.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast