Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jika-tabi as a vibram stand in? page

Faumdano is offline Member

Jika-tabi as a vibram stand in?

Primal Fuel
    Japanese jika-tabi are very very similar to the vibrams and a whole lot cheaper and more available (1180 yen -- about $13). The soles are much thinner than regular shoes and very flexible; the toe box is split into two spaces: one for the big toe and one for the rest and is quite roomy.

Just thought I'd throw this out here for comments / to bring it to the attention of people on a budget. I've attached a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, officially awesome. Must obtain.

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    This is a cool and affordable option for sure! I have been trying to spread the word about water shoes/pool shoes, as people seem to think one needs to spend close to (or upwards of) $100 for actual VFFs or other fancy name brand "barefoot" shoes. I feel you can get the same effect for a lot less, and this is yet another way to do that! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
    This is a cool and affordable option for sure! I have been trying to spread the word about water shoes/pool shoes, as people seem to think one needs to spend close to (or upwards of) $100 for actual VFFs or other fancy name brand "barefoot" shoes. I feel you can get the same effect for a lot less, and this is yet another way to do that! Thanks!
    +10000 I love my pool shoes, with those you don't even really need these, but these look awesome! I'm gonna pretend to get them for Halloween...

Faumdano is offline Member
    It had never crossed my mind at all to try these until when the vibrams were shown on a Japanese variety show and the host commented that they were almost the same as jika-tabi :P Just another example of wisdom from the past I guess; tabi have a long history.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    I will see if i can find these around here...we have a big Asian community and it shouldn't be hard...although finding them in my size might be!
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Be killing you soon!

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
    yeah I tried those things, took 2 weeks to grow the skin back from the bottom of my foot. I'll stick with the brand names, and my skin.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    yeah I tried those things, took 2 weeks to grow the skin back from the bottom of my foot. I'll stick with the brand names, and my skin.
    wow, how did that happen? was it your first ever attempt to wear minimalist shoes or something? I never had skin problems at all wearing mine.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Ninja-turtle toes! Even more goofy looking than VFFs, if that's even possible =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast