Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State fair time page

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member

State fair time

Primal Fuel
    I am going to the fair on Sunday. I believe in planning ahead! I do not really want to take food with me as I prefer to have hands free. Suggestions for food? Please do not suggest nuts/trail mix. I am allergic to nuts. I want to stay on plan. Here is my thinking:

turkey legs: sticky sweet marinades (pass)
    fried foods (vegetable oils no doubt- they are cheap) -pass

suggestions?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Chicken Satay will be at my state fair. Maybe they have BBQ that you can get with no sauce. Or just eat a big breakfast.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    What about just plain sausage? I think I remember seeing sausage on a stick before at a fair. And the turkey legs might not be coated in a marinade. Seems like that would make them burn in the fryer.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Eat before you leave, Enjoy the fair and eat again when you get home. That's what I do when I'm going some where with poor food choices.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    deep fried bubble gum, totally primal
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Shhted is offline Member
    At the MN State Fair I found a Sausage stand with a nice sampler platter with sauerkraut. There was grilled pork chops, grilled gator, grilled Ostrich, grass-fed jerky, and a deep-fried Snickers bar. Sure, the last item wasn't primal but sure was enjoyable.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    The way I see it... the State Fair is a once a year thing and I would not stress out about it. I would enjoy something and not worry about it.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes, let it go and enjoy. I can't wait to try the fried butter! Eat, drink, be merry, and maybe feel sick the next day. It's fun!

MakeItSo is offline Member
    Eat whatever you want, then do back-to-back-to-back rides on the Tilt-a-Whirl. This should limit your digestion time nicely.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I took my son to Elitch's (Denver) about a week ago. I ate a big breakfast and skipped lunch. I was not going to trust any cheap crap food there - not worth feeling sick IMO. Bring along some beef jerky & dried fruit if you must snack. Bring your own water bottle and fill up at drinking fountains. The water at Elitch's was 3.59 a bottle - the same ones you buy for <.25 at the store! It was a hot day and we drank about 10 bottles between us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast