Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: True or CW Crap? page

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member

True or CW Crap?

Is it true when you exercise/workout water goes to those muscles to repair/hydrate?

Here is the deal: I have not changed in my eating habits.. very strict. So I work in the yard this weekend (lots of heavy lifting, walking, squatting etc) the scale is showing I gained!!! WTF? I am eating right and moving soooo what gives? It can be building muscle and muscle weighs more, yada yada because I have not been at it for long.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I can't speak on the science of it but in my neurotic CW days I learned to weigh myself only in the mornings after non-workout days because that's when I was lightest. If I do a heavy workout and then weigh myself the next day, I will always be a 1-1.5 lbs heavier than my normal.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I experienced this weight gain after yard work every time I did heavy yard work. It is a combination of dehydration and muscule retaining water when breaking down, so the water balance is all out of whack. Yard work tends to involve odd and unusual muscules that rarely get targeted by even the compiund movements, and normally it is hot out, you do a few hours at a stretch, as opposite to the under 1 hour to 1 hour in the gym, and let;s face it, drinking liters of water is highly inconvenient between the dirty hands and restricted access to the washroom (take off dirty clothes/boots, go to the house... meh.)

So, don't step on that scale for a day or two yet.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I unfortunately am a scale fanatic and yes, I am always up a couple of pounds after LHT days.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Heavy exercise will typically make you retain water. If you lift heavy regularly, you probably won't notice a weight gain because you're constantly in that "mode". However, if you normally only do light jogs and walks and then all of a sudden you start sprinting, benchpressing and deadlifting, yes, your "weight" may go up.

Weight is pretty meaningless. I suggest you get a fabric tape measure so you can keep track of the inches on your waist, arms and thighs. That'll give you a much more accurate representation of fat loss. Weighing yourself regularly will only drive you crazy. I recommend a weigh-in once every month or so.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    more than a couple of pounds.. try 5 Craaaaaaaap
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    At your weight range, 5 lbs is within the water retention window; I am 125 lbs, and I retain as much as 3 lbs. (It is known to be as high as 10 lbs). Please, hydrate, eat well, and do not worry about it!
    Last edited by Leida; 09-07-2011 at 07:21 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    The scale.

Get off of it.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Recently after a long hike I weighed and was down a couple of pounds, mostly from sweating it away. The next day I was up 5 pounds. a couple of days after that I was back to where i was before the hike.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    please to throw scale away. thank you.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast