Thread: Primal diet w/ no gallbladder??? page

FairyRae2 Guest

Primal Fuel

I have a friend who had her gallbladder removed. She currently eats low fat b/c of this. Is it possible/healthy/good for you to eat a primal type diet (full of good fats) when you have no gallbladder?

Any info/links/experiences you have to share are appreciated!!!

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

I'm happy to share my anecdotal experience. My gall bladder was removed about 20 years ago, and I've had problems with bile dumping ever since. In my experience, this irritating side effect has not been exacerbated by a switch to eating primally. Actually, to the contrary, as when I used to indulge in a bowl of noodle-heavy pho, I sometimes barely made it back to the office in time. Now, I still have bouts, but immodium is my friend. Other than that, no other complaints about the lack of a gall bladder and primal eating. Lately, I've started taking lecithin capsules and it seems to help. If your friend has specific questions, I'm happy to add my anecdotal two cents.

FairyRae2 Guest

That is fabulous Sharonll--I'm totally going to have here check this out, and perhaps she or I will be back w/ more ?s. (I'm not even sure if she knows much about primal eating, but I'm planning to share MDA w/ her--I think she's very interested in health/healing.)

Thanks for the reply!

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

Absolutely! Whatever I can do to help, here I am. Even those of us who are gallbladderless can be primal.

Tarlach is offline Member

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

RogerDeRok is offline Member

Wow, this post was the first time I ever really considered this. I had my gallbladder removed about 4-5 years ago. I didn't even consider it as a factor when going primal a little over a year ago. I've had excellent results (over 100lbs weight loss) and have experienced no side effects or problems by going primal without a gallbladder. I used to have this side effect that my doctor said was normal from gallbladder removal, where I had to have a bowel movement very shortly after eating my first meal of the day. No longer have that experience. They've gone back to a more "normal" cycle.

Plaid Dad is offline Junior Member

I had my gallbladder out about two years ago. I've had no problems with PB eating, and my doctor didn't bat an eyelash when I told him about my diet.

FairyRae2 Guest

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!!