Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to Lose 20 pounds in a month!!!! page

darkfault is offline Junior Member

Need to Lose 20 pounds in a month!!!!

Primal Fuel
    Ok, so I have minor surgery in less then a month from now. They want me to drop 20 pound in a month.

What would you do?

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    I would wonder why my doctor thought it was possible to safely and sustainably lose 20 pounds in less than a month.

darkfault is offline Junior Member
    Well yes, I think the exact same thing, but I understand from there standpoint why the are requesting the absurd.

Just so we are all on the same page, the surgery is for an inguinal hernia. I currently weight 210 (at the time of the forms, I guessed I weighted 200) they want a 20 pound reduction. I am 5'9 and very muscular. You would not think I was fat at all.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    that would be 5 lbs per week, for 4 weeks. i would seek a new doctor, or at the very least a second opinion! short of a medically supervised liquid diet, i'm not even sure this is possible. certainly not healthy!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Yes - it is hard to imagine why a physician would want you to undertake such an extreme diet before undergoing surgery. Especially given that you are not obese. I would seek a second opinion on the weight loss.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfault View Post
    Ok, so I have minor surgery in less then a month from now. They want me to drop 20 pound in a month.

What would you do?
    Fatty Acid Oxidation
    How to Lower Your Blood Sugar

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    That does seem pretty extreme...I would agree on the second opinion. Good Luck.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Darkfault what's your body fat percentage? Maybe you just weigh a lot because as you said you are very muscular. The doc just looks at your weight and says you weigh too much not distinguishing between body fat and lean mass.
    If wanting to lose I would eat a good amount of protein at each meal in relation to your lean mass, 50-75g carb and moderate to lowish fat with calorie restriction. Some type of daily exercise. Experiment with what works for you. Not that you have a lot of time for experimentation. Protein shakes/replacement meals may be helpful. Whatever you do will be some kind of short-term fix not a lifestyle.

J. Stanton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfault View Post

What would you do?
    Get a new doctor.

Senikoti is offline Junior Member
    Hi... I am new to this thread... I want to know that what is this thread all about.... and which is the particular topic that this thread is encircling ? I hope to get positive reply and then I shall be able to post accordingly ... Thank you so much in advance and looking ahead for more acknowledgement from you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast