Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Increasing BF with Fasting and Crossfit page 2

chima_p is offline Senior Member

gn
    gn is offline Junior Member

yes, fasting does not necessarily burns off fat...

here is my story: i've been fasting for 24 hours, after which is weighed myself on electronic scales with a BF / muscle mass meter: it showed 14.2 % body fat and a certain amount of muscle (don't remember precisely), then i decided to go another 10 hours without food; when those additional 10 hours elapsed i weighed myself again only to find out, to my pure astonishment, that BF didn't change at all but during those 10 hours my body has burt off 500 grams of muscle mass - i wish i had eaten something back when it was only 24 hours

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

10 hours is definitely not enough time to make an appreciable difference. I bet that if you kept getting on the scale, you'd get 10 different readings.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

What do you mean you're trying to reach your supposed lean body mass of 138 pounds? That's your body without an ounce of fat on it. You need fat. 154 pounds doesn't sound so bad. How tall are you?

If your body breaks down muscle mass to feed itself, it starts with worn out or damaged tissues that need to be replaced anyway. Bodybuilders freak out about it but it's not a big deal at all.

Many people profess that calories don't count, but my experience has proven otherwise. All that oil and nut butter and whatever else you include in your diet of meat and veggies might be too much calorie-wise. I'm not saying calories are the whole story, because that's not true either. But they do play some part in everything.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

David is offline Senior Member

Chima: yes my workouts are suffering. I average 30g to 80g of good carbs (no starch)(95% veggies, hardly any fruit each day).

Primalchild: I'm 6'tall. My BF is at approx 10 - 12% BF. Just want to lose the flab and love handles around the waist. Eating suggested PB plan...lean protein, veggies with hardly any starches, very little fruit. Eat 1 c to 1.5 c of various nuts a day with 2 tsp. almond butter.

Lost some muscle weight due to atrophy...trying to gain the loss back.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Starch is good carbs. It converts right into glucose --> glycogen. Fructose isn't good carbs. If your workouts are suffering, well all I can tell you is EAT MORE CARBS! lol I've been there already.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

That&#39;s way too many nuts, my man. A handful.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

rahchis is offline Junior Member

Hi, everyone,

David, please don&#39;t take this as an attack, but why do you think 138 pounds is a healthy, lean weight at 6 feet tall? I&#39;m the same height as you, and weigh about 40 more pounds that that. I realize that people carry weight differently, but am pretty lean at 180 pounds. If i were to drop to 138, I&#39;d be pretty malnourished and skinny-fat.

Double-A is offline Junior Member

David -

Don&#39;t worry so much about your weight as a number. Look more at how you&#39;re feeling/looking in the mirror vs. how you want to look.

Also, I would recommend worrying about putting on more LBM (muscle) before trying to get rid of the lovehandles - I think you&#39;ll find that with all that "metabolic" tissue that the fat will be much easier to burn!

(Squats and deadlifts for fat loss, go go go!)

GotPrimal Guest

Starch is good carbs. It converts right into glucose --> glycogen. Fructose isn&#39;t good carbs. If your workouts are suffering, well all I can tell you is EAT MORE CARBS! lol I&#39;ve been there already.

Thats generally, horrible advice. That may have worked for you, but I wouldn&#39;t advocate that.

I&#39;d first advocate examine the workout routine, mental status before, during, motivation before and so on before telling someone throw down a bunch of useless/meaningless carbs.

Having a good workout in the gym is a lot more mentally regulated than most think. Mind ---> muscle, or Mind ---> body.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast