Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Gweeble page

Gweebles is offline Member

Cool The Primal Gweeble

Shop Now
    Ok, so the title doesn't sound very tough. Oh geez, how many times have I started a journal in a weight loss site just to give up after a few posts. I have one in lowcarb friends, oxycise, 6wbmo, and I think somewhere else... ugh.. I am tired of starting diets to only quit. I am writing this for me because I am alone in this at my house. I live with my elderly parents, both heart patients, my mom a diabetic with a colostomy now due to diverticulitis gone bad. I lost both my grandfathers in their early 60's, we have a huge heart disease history in our family, and I look at my 12 year old and I don't want her to have to take care of me like I have to do my parents. I have been overweight all my life with the wonderful 3 years I was strict Atkins with ECA and lost 200 pounds. Whoo, did I regain that fast!!! Always excuses, always "I'll restart tomorrow".

So I have been in ketosis for over a week now and I see the top part of my stomach is flattening out. It really sucks that when you weigh a lot, you have to lose a LOT to be noticeable. My moods are better, no more suicidal depression. It really scared me sometimes how I felt it would be so easy to kill myself. No more brain fog, no more achy legs. No more laxative abuse. I wasted 4 years pouring laxatives in my system. It didn't stop the weight gain, just put me on the john for hours. With the exception of eating at Long John Silvers (felt like crap afterwards) I have been pretty good.

The diet sodas are still a struggle, but I'm down from 2 64 ounce mugs to one 12 ounce can a day. Drinking water and tea with saccharin, I just can't get into the stevia much for this. It's ok on other things though.

I got some chicken thighs in the oven, found a good sale at HEB. Still looking for a meat market nearby with grass fed meat. Who knew? I live next to a freaking cattle ranch where they all are grazing on ranch grass and nobody carries the meat???!!??? Had some ground beef for lunch. I am shocked. I have cut my dairy waayyyy down and really am not missing it. And here I was thinking everything was better covered in cheese.

Tomorrow, I'll post a "before" pic of me. Who knows? Maybe in a year of so I'll be a featured story on the blog.

Goodnight all

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! You CAN do it this time!

Diet sodas are not great but if they are the last to go, no big deal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Not a bad day considering I'm stuck watching "Operation Repo" ugh! Honestly I spend my day getting verbally attacked and now I gotta watch this? And I freaking pay for the cable!! People, remember when you are upset, these customer service people on the other end of the phone line *ME* are Human beings too.

Little down, I realized today is the 5th anniversary of the love of my life being murdered. I put a red rose and white daisies on his headstone. I still feel guilty that I wasn't there to save him. He loved the drugs more than he did me and I couldn't see him do that to himself. He was shot to death because he was dating some witch who was two timing him. The other guy decided to do away with the competition, leaving behind a 15 year old daughter with no dad and no mom, since her mother had abandoned her as a baby. I loved him but I couldn't compete with crack.

Well, I promised a "before" pic. It's not clear but you can see my body shape. I will put better pics once I get a better cell phone camera.

Breakfast-gas station sausage link (bad choice)
    Lunch-hamburger patty with a pickle
    Supper-grilled pork chops

Gotta work on my veggies, still can't seem to get interested in them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK shame on me! 2 days with no posting. Busy day and fighting a cold. Today I snuck on my dad's scale and I LOST 10 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!!! Or at least 10 pounds. About a month ago I stepped on them and jumped off quickly when they hit 345 but today they stayed steady at 335. It's sad to weigh this much with how hard I have struggled, but I am not a couch potato eating whole cakes, my body just cannot handle processed carbs and wheat. I might actually see some light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Still fighting the diet sodas, but I can realize now how bad wheat and processed foods are for me. I found chicken thighs on sale last night for $.87 a pound and baked up a bunch, now gotta make some homemade mayo. I am out of olive oil, great, so off to the store.

I am going to place an order for some coconut-manna or coconut oil today and also order my book. I love this forum and site but I want the book for when I have limited access to the 'net.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and have faith. You can do this and we'll provide the support if you need it
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

I am BORED!!! My high school friend's baby sister just came down from Florida so I went to go see her. Hard to believe that little "pesty" sister is now 30! We had a good chat. Thinking of going for a walk, if I can find my snake stick. Ahhh...gotta love living by the ranch....

I don't have an appetite today, so only ate supper with my daughter. It was her choice (sigh) the Pizzeria. I ate the filling out of 1/2 a stomboli. Cheese and meat, so not too bad. I bought my olive oil, so may just work on my mayo. I'm working on the ultimate mayo recipe. Maybe 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 bacon grease??? Hmmmm.....THAT has possibilities! I placed my order for coconut oil and coconut-manna, vitacost had it for a good price and good shipping. Both for under $30, where GNC was almost double the price.

OK got a different pic that doesn't have the flash. OMG I look like crud.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Happy Sunday everyone. Sadly today is marred by the rememberence of 9/11 and how our country was turned upside-down 10 years ago. I still remember hearing the announcement on my way to drop off my 2 year old at my sister's so I could go to work. I was a restaurant manager at a mexican fast food place (the food still makes me sick) and the DJ said one tower was hit and they don't know if it was an accident, then he suddenly shouted the other was hit too. We kept a radio on all day at work, listening to the stories of the attacks and the brave people trying to help as well as the innocent people lost to this trajedy.

Didn't get to make my mayo yesterday, my sister called and we spent over an hour chatting. Poor thing, her life is so complicated because she won't leave that lump she married. He is so hooked on prescription meds he never gets up. She works as a nurse and has to come home to a dirty house, mad kids, and HIM. She tried to get me to sign up for some expensive metabolic fingerprint test to show me exactly how many calories I can eat and lose weight on. LOL. She has been going to the gym and dieting for a month, she lost 1 pound. I don't count calories, cancelled my gym membership, and lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. She, being of the health profession, always criticized my low carb lifestyle and never could understand how I could lose without my heart climbing out of my chest and exploding from the fat. She is on like 5 meds including beta blockers and cholesterol meds, I take only an occasional vitamin.

Not hungry yet, but I think I might go search out something interesting for supper. Getting tired of chicken. Have a good Sunday!

Ate the chicken....again. Danged things are too good a price to pass up. My DD ate half of my 4 thigh lunch, with commercial mayo, nobody else in the house was up at 1 PM and I didn't want to hear about the mixer waking them up. BTW I do live with my parents for financial reasons. They are both overweight, heart patients, my mom is diabetic, and neither will give up carbs even though my dad KNOWS it helps because he lost 90 pounds in 6 months that way. Trust me, you will hear me vent about them quite a bit. lol

jomama is offline Junior Member
    how beautiful you are... next pic i want to see a smile.... it is so great to read your stories... love your crazy family... reminds me of mine! i finally quit discussing my eating habits with people because it seems like i am constantly having to defend myself and my diet... make me smile because i feel like i have this little secret.

please let us know what you decided to have for dinner.. i am always looking for great new ideas and yummy things to fix... oh and PS.. don't let your sister knock your progress... seems you are the one on the right path and having to take care of your parents to boot is no easy task by any standards.. so you hang in there girl, enjoy your journey
    "our business in life is not to
    get ahead of others,
    but to get ahead of ourselves...
    to break our own records,
    to outstrip our yesterday
    by our today"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast