Thread: Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce Recipe

Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce Recipe

Shop Now
    This is what I am making for dinner tomorrow night... I'll check back with a review...

The Link:
    Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce Recipe | Simply Recipes

Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce Recipe

Cook time: 30 minutes
    Ingredients
    1 Tbsp butter
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    4 center-cut rib or loin pork chops, boneless or bone-in (whatever you prefer), about 1 1/4 inch thick
    Salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup chopped shallots or green onions
    1 cup dry white wine
    3/4 cup chicken stock*
    3/4 cup heavy cream
    2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
    1 Tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
    *If cooking gluten-free, use homemade chicken stock or gluten-free packaged stock.

Method

1 Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over them. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the butter. As soon as the butter has melted, add the pork chops to the pan and sear them, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat slightly if the chops brown too quickly.

2 Remove the pork chops from the pan and pour off most of the fat. Add the green onions or shallots and cook them on med high heat until softened, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of the wine and bring to a boil, deglazing the pan by scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the stock and return chops to the pan. Bring sauce to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and cook until chops are cooked through (145F internal temp), about 10 to 15 minutes.

3 Remove the pork chops to a warm platter; cover with foil to keep warm. Add the remaining half cup of wine. Increase the heat to high to boil the pan juices. Reduce the juices by half, about 3 minutes. Add the heavy cream and boil 3 minutes more, until sauce reduces and thickens, and scraping the pan with a wooden spoon leaves a trail. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard and parsley. If you want, add more mustard to taste. Place chops on a bed of sauce and serve.

Yield: Serves 4.

Well this recipe is new for me. Thanks for sharing such a nice and new kind of recipe. I will try to make it at home. Keep posting.

Hi... I am new to this thread... I want to know that what is this thread all about.... and which is the particular topic that this thread is encircling ? I hope to get positive reply and then I shall be able to post accordingly ... Thank you so much in advance and looking ahead for more acknowledgement from you

Just sharing a recipe...

This is one of my favourite recipes (mine includes several chopped cloves of garlic).It is also super yummy with chicken thighs - and to that, I add a teaspoon or two of dried tarragon.

It has come out regularly at dinner parties over the past 30 plus years!

Shop Now
    Well, the recipes a keeper.

@Breadsauce I can see this with chicken. Yum.

We ate it with steamed spinach. It was soooo good. I have one pork chop left for lunch. Yeah!

So, give it a try...