Thread: Having surgery Monday and won't be able to exercise for at least 3-4 weeks page

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member

Having surgery Monday and won't be able to exercise for at least 3-4 weeks

Shop Now
    How do I go about staying lean and keeping gains to a minimum?

just eat at maintenance?

bump

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed my appetite disappears when I don't exercise. IFing is very easy for me. So hopefully you'll be able to keep your eating to just a maintenance level without too much of an issue.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    can u at least walk? I remember when i had my blessed hysterectomy, i couldn't ride my bike or jog for 4 wks. It was so frustrating b/c i felt great but i just couldn't stress those healing cuts. So i walked and walked and walked. By the time i was allowed to ride my bike again, i was like a firecracker of energy! Sometimes it's good to have a break, even if it's forced by unpleasant circumstances.

now if you're not able to use your legs, like when my husband had a broken leg, well damn. You have my sympathies. I don't have any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    can u at least walk? I remember when i had my blessed hysterectomy, i couldn't ride my bike or jog for 4 wks. It was so frustrating b/c i felt great but i just couldn't stress those healing cuts. So i walked and walked and walked. By the time i was allowed to ride my bike again, i was like a firecracker of energy! Sometimes it's good to have a break, even if it's forced by unpleasant circumstances.

now if you're not able to use your legs, like when my husband had a broken leg, well damn. You have my sympathies. I don't have any suggestions.
    I can walk after a week but that still leaves 2-3 where that is all i can do.

not many people have had to deal with this?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    You might find this thread helpful:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread22802.html

Personally, I would suggest just focusing on eating clean and walking. Also to aid healing, I would suggest lots of home made bone broths, liver, fish eggs, etc.

Hope your surgery goes well.