Thread: Blah Dull Drums - Need a lil' support please page

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)

Blah Dull Drums - Need a lil' support please

Primal Fuel
    Bunch of stuff going on, but kinda down 'cuz I didn't stay as primal as I wanted while Mom was in town visiting. Need to do some cooking so I don't eat "junk"...but tired and headachy...and never enough time. I am bummed I'm so down, but I know I need to do this. I am so close to hitting a milemarker of below 250 pounds and not sure if I'll make that goal by 9/25.... I feel as if I've somewhat sabotaged things and then there's the budget thing in my mind and never enough money.

Can someone tell me to keep my headup? Take it one day at a time? Could really use some wonderful love from my MDA folks. Thanks!
    -Jen
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    You are worth more than a budget! You know how to do this thing and you know it works. Now go get cooking and make a high protien dinner and a high protien breakfast for tomorrow. A healthy meal is the best way I know to get back on the right path again. If you are broke, then make it some eggs and cheap veges - even chicken legs are inexpensive. Pull out some spices (you must have some in the back of the cabinet) and make something new. If not sure, google recipes with those spices and make them primal. Get out and take a walk to clear your head. Even if it's just around the yard while little people nap or catch a TV show. Try something new. Get a romance novel from the library or a friend (we all know someone with a few extra) and lose yourself for a while. Pull out an old project and finish it. Go to an art/craft store and find a new project. Try a new sport - play with the kids at a new park. Praise yourself for the progress you have made and make goals that are behavior oriented instead of accomplishment oriented because those behaviors are what bring success!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Have faith Jen! Keep coming here for support if you need it
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks for the support! I was able to make a primal salisbury steak despite a ragging sinus headache last night. While it was delicious, it would've been more fantastic had I not been in such discomfort from my sinuses. I guess I really had a bad day yesterday. This morning I am on my way to make sausages...with some cheddar cheese. Lunch will be leftover salisbury steak w/ onions and mushrooms. Yum. And I always walk the dog after I get home from work... She thinks she needs to beg for a treat from one of the neighbors...crazy dog. :-)
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

melodious is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about you, but I always keep some emergency rations for when I feel dreadful: cans of tuna, cheese, rotel tomatoes, eggs. Nowhere near as much effort as salisbury steak, but just as filling. Make little "tuna melt" by dumping a can of tuna, spreading some cheese over it, microwaving it, then spooning some rotel tomatoes over it. It's got creaminess, kick, and lots of protein. And it only took 2 minutes.
    Or a hardboiled egg with some smelly cheese and maybe a piece of fruit.
    The steak sounds awesome, by the way. Good work!

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by melodious View Post
    Make little "tuna melt" by dumping a can of tuna, spreading some cheese over it, microwaving it, then spooning some rotel tomatoes over it. It's got creaminess, kick, and lots of protein. And it only took 2 minutes.
    Uh, I think I need to go make this right now, I have all of those things, and it sounds yum!

Back on topic: I know the feeling well Jen! Do something nice for yourself, Mud Flinger had great suggestions. Take a bubble bath, paint your nails, spend some quality time with your dog, or just go to bed early and get some good rest and start fresh in the morning! Can you get a big piece of meat (a cheap cut, like chuck roast) and put it in the crockpot so you don't have to think about food for a few days? I do a pot roast almost every week and use it for different things the rest of the week: cook with scrambled eggs, top with salsa and avocado/guacamole for breakfast, with mashed cauliflower for dinner, etc.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Normally food isn't such an issue. But with Mom in town it became an issue... I usually keep cottage cheese on hand, but really wanted some meet like beef or ham and neither were "thawed" for easy consumption so I knew if I got some on my way home from work, it would be fairly quick. I didn't end up making the steak w/ sauce- I didn't want to involve the time especially with the sinus headache that never went away until about 2am. I'm realizing I need to stop "treating" myself w/ food but rather things like a day in the park w/ my dog. Or perhaps some new jewelry - I'd say clothing but don't want to spend lots of money on clothing with my weight loss goals...though I'm slow at actually losing. ONly down about 14 pounds since January, but there have been times where I've gone "backwards", but I keep coming back as primal because I know what will happen if I don't... Today the struggle is fatigue due to sleeping poorly w/ the allergies; so I need 2 focus on clearing out my sinuses again w/ the netipot I guess...
    My goal pic...

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hi,
    I wanted to remind you that perfection is not necessary to have great results on Primal. Just let the poor eating episode go and get back to it.
    Primal also does not have to break the bank. My staples are bacon, eggs, tuna, salad, frozen peppers and onions, chicken and other inexpensive meats. Don't worry about the grass fed meats etc. right now. I hope things get better.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67