Thread: Favorite lunch boxes/bento boxes? page

erica057 is offline Senior Member

Favorite lunch boxes/bento boxes?

Primal Fuel
    I'd like to get a lunch box for packed meals on the go. However, I'm having trouble picking a suitable one for primal eating. Most American-type lunchboxes are small and seem suited toward sandwiches, and Japanese-style bentos are geared toward having a rice-based lunch (example). Is there anything out there that has some segmented compartments but will still accommodate a big-ass salad + hunk-o-meat?
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Autumnrose is offline Member

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    For big ass salads, I keep a large bowl at the office (I bought something nice that I would enjoy eating out of) and pack my salads in a gallon ziplock with half an avocado and a small nalgene bottle with the dressing. I typically store 5-6 cans of tuna or salmon at my desk (bringing in new supplies on Mondays) so I don't have to carry them every day. Pour salad into bowl, cut up avocado and add with drained can of tuna - toss with dressing.
    Alternately, you could use a plastic klip-it container or glasslock container storage bowl.

For leftovers, I really like glasslock containers.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnrose View Post
    Wow, that looks great!! Is there a lid to cover the top part?
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

MadelynMc is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I want a bento-style lunch box pretty bad (I don't do many salads for digestion reasons) but I'm not willing to pay $30 for one, which is what I found. I just bought a divided tupperware container to take to work. It's decidedly less cool than the bento's with removable compartments, but it gets the job done.

On another note, I got my daughter a little toddler Bento at Target a long time ago for like $6! It's very handy.