Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 months living Primal, inspired enough to start a blog! page

Preppy Paleo is offline Junior Member

4 months living Primal, inspired enough to start a blog!

Hi everyone,
    Wanted to introduce myself as I've lurked but have yet to participate here.

I started following a Primal lifestyle this spring in an attempt to address various autoimmune issues that trouble me. I already ate gluten-free and avoided most dairy but was a whole grain addict! Removing grains was the hardest adjustment for me, but I love to get creative in the kitchen so it's been an exciting challenge.

So far it has been an amazing road, and I have to say Mark's books and website are my biggest motivation and inspiration.

I'm a longtime blogger who runs a business website at Real Kids Eat Spinach... I am a certified health coach who focuses on educating kids and families on healthy food choices. If you have young kids and are looking for ideas and cooking healthy meals and teaching your kids about nutrition, check me out!

Since I can't convince everyone that they and their kids should be eating like cave people, however, I started my own little blog just to document my recipes and ideas:
    the preppy paleo

I also have a FB page started that needs a few more fans!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-P...46237662083652

I just wanted to close by saying this is the friendliest forum out there... I am eager to jump in and start interacting with like-minded people. Have a great day everyone!

Susan

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you have a lot of great recipe ideas on there! I'll check back often. ~rc

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Yum! Thanks for sharing, that pumpkin recipe looks yummy...
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    "I served tonight’s dinner over brown rice, though I think it would do just fine without a starch or perhaps just a little corn muffin alongside."

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    "I served tonight’s dinner over brown rice, though I think it would do just fine without a starch or perhaps just a little corn muffin alongside."

Really?
    As written on my specifically Paleo website, I served the stew as is. When giving it to my kids I did serve it over brown rice, and stand by my suggestion to do the same to other parents. As for the "corn" muffins, actually the ones I serve in my house are actually 100% Paleo made with coconut flour, raw honey and not a speck of corn.

I really appreciate any feedback I make on my Preppy Paleo blog or here in terms of nutritional validity/adherence to the lifestyle, but my business and family cooking website is another matter. While I obviously think my kids and most others would do just fine following a 100% primal diet, I like to present my own children as well as my readers/clients with a variety of healthy options. I am trying to educate people who feed their kids white rice, ketchup made with HFCS, etc, etc... as I stated in my original post my business website is not about the Paleo lifestyle nor do I suggest that it is.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Under the PB, white rice is a better option than brown rice. Maybe that's part of Moo's issue with your statement. Hard sell to the public though.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Preppy Paleo View Post
    As written on my specifically Paleo website, I served the stew as is. When giving it to my kids I did serve it over brown rice, and stand by my suggestion to do the same to other parents. As for the "corn" muffins, actually the ones I serve in my house are actually 100% Paleo made with coconut flour, raw honey and not a speck of corn.

I really appreciate any feedback I make on my Preppy Paleo blog or here in terms of nutritional validity/adherence to the lifestyle, but my business and family cooking website is another matter. While I obviously think my kids and most others would do just fine following a 100% primal diet, I like to present my own children as well as my readers/clients with a variety of healthy options. I am trying to educate people who feed their kids white rice, ketchup made with HFCS, etc, etc... as I stated in my original post my business website is not about the Paleo lifestyle nor do I suggest that it is.
    Still in BAD form to even put the link to your other blog that is not paleo here. My opinion of course and just opening yourself up to comments.

I followed a link. Pure and simple this is a primal/paleo based forum and if you want to ride both sides of the fence, that is fine. Just don't link here.
    Last edited by moo; 09-06-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Under the PB, white rice is a better option than brown rice. Maybe that's part of Moo's issue with your statement. Hard sell to the public though.
    totally agree that PB guidelines would suggest the white. Average American kids are eating way too many stripped, high glycemic grains though, so I'd honestly rather see them get some fiber & other nutrients from the brown rice. Like I said, I wouldn't begin to suggest all of the PB guidelines for my business bc. one diet truly doesn't fit all. While I know many on here might shudder, I'm not going to suggest my clients serve their kids nothing but zucchini noodles and cauliflower rice.

Moo,
    totally not trying to start an argument, particularly since I'm new and just getting my bearings here! I actually didn't change my siggy or anything. That quote about the brown rice etc. was from my other blog. I don't really know how you would have wound up with there thinking I was trying to promote it as Paleo! Trust me, I haven't had time to change my siggy as it was my kids' first day of school and I've had a lot going on around here!

I'm very sorry if you were offended by my post in some way, or if somehow you got routed to the Real Kids Eat Spinach page with the belief I was promoting it as paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    I only followed the link that was in your siggy - which has NOW changed. I have no problem with what you do with your blog but linking to a "paleo blog" which promotes brown rice and corn from this forum was , IMO, opening your own self up to comments. I don't know what blog the link that WAS posted went to but I do know that it was changed because I didn't go looking for anything. Just clicked on YOUR link.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    wow... very sorry to have exhibited what's considered bad form. Since this is the "meet & greet" section I was merely trying to tell a bit about myself, and show that in starting my Paleo recipe blog I do have some experience in working and blogging about food and cooking. I honestly wouldn't have referenced my business blog anywhere in the forums other than here, as I was just trying to provide some context to where I'm coming from. I totally respect being open to comments but I didn't even suggest that I personally ride both sides of the fence... again, I'm really sorry that I guess this has started me off on the wrong foot here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast