Thread: My next VFF's page

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member

My next VFF's

Primal Fuel
    I've been wearing KSO's for about 2 years now. I CrossFit 3-4x per week and as long as the running is limited (200-400m singles) I wear them to workout. If there is more running (400m or greater repeats) I wear Nike Frees.

These longer run workouts are rare but I want a pair of VFFs to do them in. Only obstacle is our CrossFit box has only paved areas to run on so I'm looking for a version with a little more protection.

Any reviews on Bikila, Trek Sport, or Komodo Sport models?
    iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    I own both the bikilas/treksport. Bikilas are supposed to be the running vff, but seem a little flimsy to me(although really comfortable). the treksports are more durable and seem to offer better support for the heavier pounding. Hope this helps...Grok On!

lunadam is offline Member
    The komodo sports feel like sport shoes to me. I love them and they are very comfy. My feet do tend to get warmer wearing them but I think they are going to be the perfect winter pair. I wore them for a 5k and didn't have any problems at all.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Love my Bilkas... I run on only cement and asphalt... took me a while to figure out how to sprint in them... but Damn I love 'em so much I picked up some Jayas (women) and some smartwools (got those for $50 at City Sports)

I'm thinking for this winter - I'll be picking up a pair of Merrell Lithe Glove Cross-Training Shoes - Women's - Free Shipping at REI.com for walks w/the dog, and runs in the wet winter NoVA is know for... I'll go this route b/c I want the barefoot feel...but I also want to wear wool sock in the winter... I just love wool socks... I'm itching to start wearing them

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    i have komodosport LS and bikila LS. biggest difference i've found in them (and also differing from the treksports, which i had tried on thinking they were the ones) is that the bikila has a slightly more rigid arch. not supportive arch! full flexion allowed! by rigid i guess i really mean tougher material. i wound up with them over the treksports because it seemed like i'd tear up the material on the treksport sooner and i want them to last.

between the komodo and bikila... erm... well i like the laceups because i have high-volume feet, but beyond that they aren't treating me too differently. i bought the komodos second because i knew i wouldn't have another opportunity soon (moving to scotland and don't sell them there) in my rationlized version, but also - they were just pretty.

onewomanband is offline Member
    I finally wore through my KSOs -- same toe on each foot -- and decided to try out some other models. The Bikila is made for someone with a high arch, so it didn't fit at all. The Trek Sport was too wide across the toes. The Komodo felt pretty good in the store, so I went with that. At home, it's been difficult to get the heel adjusted so it's snug enough not to cause friction. It has a cushioned collar that stands up pretty high in the back. The first day out, I got a nasty blister. I think I've got it worked out now, but if I had it to do over again, I would just get another pair of KSOs.

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Did you happen to see the thread in "Odds and Ends" about jika-tabi, the Japanese split-toe shoes? Interesting and much cheaper option if you care to take a look...