Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Doesn't Love Soup? page 2

apryl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just made French onion soup tonight. My body is feeling crappy from a carb crashed couple days. So had some nice yummy soup to feel better.

Love the sausage pumpkin soup idea
    Apryl

22lbs lost since giving up grains!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Canned pumpkin + broth + cream (or half and half) + curry powder + cinnamon = easy yumminess.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    We make a vegetable beef soup regularly during the winter. Basically it is browned beef (ground beef, stew meat, whatever you want) a can of tomato sauce, a can of diced tomatos, some beef bouillon ( you could probably use bone broth as the base), some water, a couple of bay leaves and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. It's pretty quick, and tasty, and warms you up on a cold wet day....

Leida is offline Senior Member
    bortsh is my family's favorite soup. Myself, I have to say that I prefer sauercrout & mushroom tshi to bortsh. I also love asian style chicken soups, thick salmon heads soup and spinach-meatball soup or tomato-meatball or tomato-shrimp... I love vegetable pureed soups as well. All and all, I love sups. I miss a proper split pea soup with a big ham bone, and will make it one of these days as a cheat meal.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Leica, can you please post a recipe for the salmon's head soup? I bought 5lbs of Arctic char a while ago and asked for the bones so I could make fish stock. To my surprise, he gave me 9 whole fish frames, heads and fins included that still have a lot of meat on the bone. I'd love to get some ideas on how to use it. Best part was that the frames were free - he said folks don't usually ask for the frames and they are usually chucked off the boat as chum.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Canned pumpkin + broth + cream (or half and half) + curry powder + cinnamon = easy yumminess.
    i think even i could pull that off! gonna try it - sounds good plus i have a can of pumpkin i've been needing to use.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I tie heads in cheesecloth with spices (bay leaf, black pepper, coriander seeds, a couple of cloves, red chili, a star anise...), half an onion and some reject celery, cover with boiling water and let simmer for an hour or two or steep overnight on the 'warm' setting. Then I drain the broth, pick all the meat and cartilage I can from the heads (the tastiest part is behind the cheek and the cartilage), discard the rest, and stuff the soup with cod fillet or more salmon/other seafood. Then I throw in a bit of bock-choy or chopped onions, maybe some carrots. But, normally I like it to be all about fish and a wee bit of green.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Similarly easy but spicy/different...
    Chicken stock + broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, + Butternut or other dense winter squash (I like buttercup particularly) + curry powder + garlic + lotsa ginger + cock sauce + cream or ricotta.
    Sometimes I add chicken meat too... or a couple of eggs swirled in like egg drop soup... for protein and make a meal of it.

I do "What'sIt" soups ALL the time!
    Formerly known as 'garbage can soup'... What'sIt Soup sounds better.

There is no exact recipe for any of the many, many, ways of making What'sIt soup... just general ideas.
    Somehow it always comes out exactly right!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    What is cock sauce?

BearsBeetsBG is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What is cock sauce?
    lol. I had the same thought, too.

I'm thinking he means the chili sauce with the rooster on the container? (Sriracha? Is that right?)
    ~Jen~

OSW (1/6/12) - 230
    PSW (9/10/12) - 224
    CW (12/5/12) - 208
    GW - 160

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast