Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 pounds + or - page

demuralist is online now Senior Member

100 pounds + or -

Shop Now
    I am looking for Primals who have lost 100 pounds + or -, as well as those of us who have 100 pounds + or - to lose.

I am feeling discouraged. I know that Primal makes me feel better in general, but I also know I cannot reach my full potential at this weight. But it just won't come off.

I am hoping to hear from those of you who have walked this path successfully who are willing to be guides on the journey.

I am also hoping to hear from those of you who are, like me, just starting this journey and don't want to take this path alone.

Thanks in advance.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

yoder is offline Member
    I've lost 100. I don't know if I would be much help to others. I don't think Primal is a magic weight-loss formula, and you probably don't either.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    So far i have lost 42lbs of my 153lb goal. I have been primal for 11 weeks!

about 8-9 years ago i did a modified atkins diet and lost 150lbs in about 12 months. i was eating pretty much the same way i was back then that i am now although that was way before the primal blueprint was around. i know for a fact that eating this way will help you lose weight, it just takes commitment!
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Westly is offline Senior Member
    Hi there! I've got 130 lbs to lose, and I'm working on eating Primal, and self esteem. I'm working very hard to do things that honor myself, and my body so that even the smallest victories (I walked three miles yesterday!!) are amazing.

I give myself very positive reinforcement (I lost 15 lbs! I got a new watch that counts down the seconds so I can take my pulse, and has a stopwatch on it so I can see how long I can all out sprint, and an alarm so I know when my delicious home made meals are finished!) and I work to keep a very clear vision of how I WANT to look in my mind. (A trick I picked up from the Gabriel Method). When things get down, I just remember I didn't get this way in a day, I'm not going to get out of it in a day.

If you need some encouragement or just someone who's in a similar boat (Check my ticker in my sig!) feel free to contact me, I'll toss you my IM.
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    I would like to lose 100 pounds. I think the hardest part is breaking the habit of reaching for certain foods for comfort. Steak and lobster just don't do the same as chicken soup or a chocolate chip cookie (for me) and when the world goes to pot I have to really fight to eat clean (and so far haven't won those battles *sigh*). Its caused lots of yo-yo eating. I'm not sure what the trick is to get my mind to accept some other type of comfort (30 years of food comfort is hard to break all at once) but I'm still trying to learn it.

That and saying "oh, I ate a cookie, I've ruined today, might as well eat the whole box, plus some pasta, ohhh french bread! Wait, do we have any ice cream?" and then eating myself into a severe migraine. Keeping the stuff out of the house isn't a good enough answer since I'm surrounded by food stores. I'm like a binge drinker who says I'll just have one, and then can't understand why the bottle is empty and their weaving around drunk.

If I could break those two habits I believe I'd see a steady weight loss. They seem to be the two things that are really holding me back.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

@yoder no, you are right I don't think Primal is a magic bullet, I am actually old enough and experienced enough in the dieting world that I know there is no magic bullet. But would still love to hear how you did what you were able to do.

My brief story...Started doing Atkins in March 2011, lost 22 pounds. Then ended up in the hospital and then on prednisone (not related to the diet) and gained back 14. Finally lost the rest of that back while on vacation the last week of July. Since then have been hovering in the same 3 pound range. With very few exceptions I have been clean since I went Primal in mid-August. The journal I started then tracks my food intake.

I decided to adopt the 5 rules of a Leptin reset, starting yesterday. Health and Nutrition Article - The Five Rules for Mastering Leptin - The Hunger Hormone

Felt fantastic, totally clean, and gained a pound. I know I didn't gain a pound of fat in one day, but why would it not just go down. (rhetorical)

@Kaylee99 I have, luckily, found that switching over from the low fat CW diet to a low carb diet has nearly totally killed cravings. Also, my mom told me once (regarding throwing in the towel for the day if you blew one thing) "If you get a speeding ticket you do not say 'well what the heck I have blown it now, I may as well drive like a lunatic all day' so why wouldn't that same concept apply here?" it helped me. (also, maybe you could find a recipe for the chocolate chip cookie that would make it less bad for you)

@Westly, yep I am pretty much looking for people to act as either a guide or a fellow traveler in the journey. Was hoping this thread could become that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Westly is offline Senior Member
    ^_^

Well, I'm here to totally walk beside you then! We've got about the same amount to do!

I've also got my blog: Primal Dire Wolf if you just wanna see what I'm up to!

I'm VERY chatty, like, I'll respond whenever I get a chance, so, feel free to chat me up, or email me! Or send me a PM through the site if you got something you don't wanna say in public!

We'll do it!
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    It's been hard for me to lose weight. I lost 12 lbs during April and May, then nothing for months. I went back and forth, losing then gaining the same lb. Lost a couple more finally in August. Then a few days ago I started limiting myself to eating 3 big meals (with the last one around 5pm). All of a sudden, I'm losing a lb a day. Down 4 lbs in 4 days so far. (And I really hope this continues because my goal is to lose at least 82 more lbs.)

If you've been eating mini-meals like I was, try doing just the 3 big meals. And the weird thing is, I've been taking in more daily calories with the 3 big meals than I did eating 5-6 small meals, but the weight's still coming off. It's worth a shot to try it out.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I decided to adopt the 5 rules of a Leptin reset, starting yesterday. Health and Nutrition Article - The Five Rules for Mastering Leptin - The Hunger Hormone

Felt fantastic, totally clean, and gained a pound. I know I didn't gain a pound of fat in one day, but why would it not just go down. (rhetorical
    Oh, shoot. So you've tried doing the 3 meals a day. How long did you do it? Maybe you just need to try it out a bit longer? And I'd make sure you feel full after eating. I don't like how the 5 rules says to not have big meals. If my hunger isn't satisfied, I notice that I don't lose weight.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

@Westly, thanks! I will look you up when I get home (I am supposed to be working-no wonder America is becoming so unproductive, right?) I really appreciate having someone to walk along the journey with.

@Heidi, CONGRATS! I just got strict about that yesterday. 3 meals a day, no snacks, 5 hours apart, done at least 3 hours before bed. Felt fantastic, slept great, gained a pound. I am in it for the long run though, so I will keep at it. thanks
    Chris
    Unknown

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast