Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After wearing my vibrams all summer... page

Kerry Ann is offline Member

After wearing my vibrams all summer...

Primal Fuel
    I put on regular sneakers because we are having bad weather today going back to work steer a long weekend didn't feel like having wet feet lol..
    Well its like am extra workout to wear regular sneakers! Anyone else notice?

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    I have also been wearing my vibrams or walked barefoot all spring/summer. I wore regular sneakers the other day, and it felt like my feet were bound. So it was with a sigh of relief I wore my KSO Treks again today! What I am going to do with myself during winter I don't know. :O
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Vivobarefoot have some nice shoes too, but nor those or the wushu will quite cut it in -20 to -30 degrees C which we frequently experience during winter.

My journal

I see grain people...

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungrazer View Post
    Vivobarefoot have some nice shoes too, but nor those or the wushu will quite cut it in -20 to -30 degrees C which we frequently experience during winter.
    Then try these for cold winters: Home*-*Steger Moosehide Mukluks and Moccasins - The warmest winter boots!

They work fine in an Alaska winter.

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    My feet have actually widened since wearing vibrams, so my regular shoes are now way to tight. Last year I suffered in my old boots when it got cold, but I think this year I'll finally drop some coin and buy a pair of soft star boots. Soft Star Shoes: Phoenix Boot<br/>Chocolate

I have a pair of those wushu shoes! Its too bad though that they don't keep the feet warm once the temps drops into the 30's. I was losing feeling in my toes last fall when I wore them.

LessThanZero is offline Member
    I put on a pair of boots because I need some leverage while digging. You know when you put tape on the bottom of a cat's feet and they sorta freak out? <deadpan stare> Yeah, that was me. I got that trouble rock out and slipped them back off ASAP. <shiver>

<0

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    My feet have actually widened since wearing vibrams, so my regular shoes are now way to tight. Last year I suffered in my old boots when it got cold, but I think this year I'll finally drop some coin and buy a pair of soft star boots. Soft Star Shoes: Phoenix Boot<br/>Chocolate

I have a pair of those wushu shoes! Its too bad though that they don't keep the feet warm once the temps drops into the 30's. I was losing feeling in my toes last fall when I wore them.
    The same thing has happened to me. I have had to get rid of a lot of my "pretty" shoes because my feet just refuse to take that abuse anymore. I wore my VFF's most of the way up Kilimangaro recently. I only switched to "real" boots when it got cold and wet the last couple of days. I wish Vibram would make a cold weather boot.

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    For those of you w/cold weather problems, there is a cheap and easy solution: Water shoes/pool shoes. You can find them on sale for less than $20 a lot of times. Look for the ones that have neoprene rather than mesh and wear them w/a good pair of wool socks. You'll be good down to subzero temps, no problem. I just finally wore a hole thru my Teva Protons after 2 years (cost $25).

Some even look nice enough you might be able to wear them to work....

Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    My feet have actually widened since wearing vibrams, so my regular shoes are now way to tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The same thing has happened to me. I wore my VFF's most of the way up Kilimangaro recently.
    Then we are at least three experiencing the same thing. My feet have also widened and shortened since I started wearing vibrams. The arc is taller and the foot is wider at the toes. Good stuff!

I can also splay my toes a lot more than I ever could before, shame about the crooked toes after years of abuse in shoes, check it out:

Hehe!

My journal

I see grain people...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast