Thread: Vitamins and Supplement questions to help heal... page

chicitycory is offline Junior Member

Vitamins and Supplement questions to help heal...

Shop Now
    So I've recently started trying to get my supplements in line and organize. Here is my plan, look for advice on dosages and timing.

I'm 6 feet tall, 168 lbs, very active. 26 years old.
    I am trying to heal my wrist/forearm muscles...they have been overworked for being on computer so much for work (some people say Repetitive Strain Syndrome, not sure). Trying to create a plan to fix the pain!

Fish oil - Vitamin Shoppe Omega 3 fish oil: 600 EPA/240 DHA - to balance out omega 3 and omega 6 to get my body out of state of chronic inflammation...seems like a very reasonable way to help fix some of the forearm pain.

Glucosamine & Chondroitin - 500 mg D-Glucosamine HCI, Chondroitin Sulfate 400mg - for joints

Turmeric - 300 mg - for circulation, better circulation...help heal forearms/wrist

Ginger - 1,100 mg - for circulation, better circulation...help heal forearms/wrist

Multi-vitamin

My question is

How much of these supplements should I be taking? And how to spade them out during the day? It's probably not a good idea to take everything at once right?...can't be good for the liver

My main goal is overall healthy, with a focus on getting rid of the pain I have in my forearms, wrists and hands from being on the computer so much.

Other things to help heal arms...
    -I'm also eliminating nightshades from my diet (nightshades and cause inflammation)...Nightshades | Mark's Daily Apple

-taking cold showers...Cold Water Therapy | Mark's Daily Apple

-trying to balance electrolytes to stay hydrated...Episode 44: Global Dehydration and Stiffness, Pecs, Tri’s and Internal Rotation | Mobility WOD

-other things...going to ice arms when sore, have lots of stretches to do..ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS???

Thanks everyone for your help. I hope primal living can cure my pain!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Get a new desk, or rework the one you've got. Proper ergonomics should greatly reduce the cause of the pain. Don't just treat the symptoms.

Head to toe, shoulders to fingertips, make sure that your body is in an ergonomically correct position when you are working.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Get a new desk, or rework the one you've got. Proper ergonomics should greatly reduce the cause of the pain. Don't just treat the symptoms.

Head to toe, shoulders to fingertips, make sure that your body is in an ergonomically correct position when you are working.
    Did get my desk reworked and all set up ergonomic, does make a big difference. Adding a keyboard tray was the biggest help.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Log your food and supplements in a food tracker online and you can have a better idea what you should supplement on.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Quote Originally Posted by JKC View Post
    Log your food and supplements in a food tracker online and you can have a better idea what you should supplement on.
    Any suggestions on a good one?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I would also suggest getting vitamin D levels checked and then to supplement up to the mid/upper range of normal. When I got my D levels normalized the first thing that happened was chronic Achilles tendon and wrist tendon pain went away.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I prefer nutritiondata.com, but many people here like fitday. Nutritiondata has a greater depth of detail - you can check your omega 3 to 6 levels, for instance, and trace minerals, but only logs one day. Fitday has less detail but can log and give results for multiple days at a time.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKC View Post
    I prefer nutritiondata.com, but many people here like fitday. Nutritiondata has a greater depth of detail - you can check your omega 3 to 6 levels, for instance, and trace minerals, but only logs one day. Fitday has less detail but can log and give results for multiple days at a time.
    I just started looking at fitday recently. The puzzling thing I noticed was the glaring omission of sugar. (Yet they include alcohol? Seriously?) Doesn't seem to make any sense.

JohnnyNull is offline Member
    I had bad tendinitis many years ago. I started coding a lot and upped my martial art training. The only thing I really did at the time was back off and let my wrists heal. Not overly helpful, I know.

But I'm convinced, and I've seen others say, strengthening my wrists helped it from ever returning.