Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you take a daily multi-vitamin? page

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member

Do you take a daily multi-vitamin?

Shop Now
    I am reading and hearing conflicting things about why you should or should not take a daily multi-vitamin. Do you take one and is it necessary?
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Necessary? Probably not.

I do take a daily multi. (Puritan's Pride Mega-Vita Gel). I find I'm less apt to get wicked cravings and/or cave to cravings when I keep up with my vitamins.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I don't. But I do take 10 capsules of super-greens pr day to supplement the lack of vitamins/minerals in the food I eat (due to deficient soil and modern farming etc). Its considered a food, not a supplement as such.

I do take zinc, magnesium and glucosamine for my leaky gut, and of course, wild salmon oil.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I do, but I'm really hard on my body. Plus I know the quality of the food I'm eating may not be optimal. I live in the desert - not much is grown locally here.

I also supplement with a B complex, fish oil, magnesium and a probiotic, though I don't plan on taking the probiotic or the fish oil very much longer.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I take a multi and fish oil.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i sporadically take a multi (gnc's women's ultra mega)

i do take cod liver oil, vit d, vit c, coq-10, and some others daily. my eating is spotty and most times i just eat the same things so yeah
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I take a multi, plus additional D, plus an additional B mix (12, mostly), plus fish oil, plus CoQ10, plus milk thistle for liver concerns (used to drink way too much).

I think I eat a very varied diet compared to most, and lots of it is vegetables, but I'm sure I'm missing things here and there, so it's kind of a coverall.
    Last edited by carlh; 09-06-2011 at 07:39 AM.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Every other day.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    interesting...thank u!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have taken loads of different supplements in the past, but now I'm only taking probiotics and vitamin D3. I take the probiotics because I've got IBS and have had problems whit candida and parasites, and D3 because I don't get enough sun light.
    I don't think most supplements are really necessary as long as you have varied diet, and they might even do more harm than good in some cases. I can't take magnesium or 5-htp for example, they give me digestive problems ...
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast