Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you take a daily multi-vitamin? page

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member

Do you take a daily multi-vitamin?

Shop Now
    I am reading and hearing conflicting things about why you should or should not take a daily multi-vitamin. Do you take one and is it necessary?
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Necessary? Probably not.

I do take a daily multi. (Puritan's Pride Mega-Vita Gel). I find I'm less apt to get wicked cravings and/or cave to cravings when I keep up with my vitamins.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I don't. But I do take 10 capsules of super-greens pr day to supplement the lack of vitamins/minerals in the food I eat (due to deficient soil and modern farming etc). Its considered a food, not a supplement as such.

I do take zinc, magnesium and glucosamine for my leaky gut, and of course, wild salmon oil.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I do, but I'm really hard on my body. Plus I know the quality of the food I'm eating may not be optimal. I live in the desert - not much is grown locally here.

I also supplement with a B complex, fish oil, magnesium and a probiotic, though I don't plan on taking the probiotic or the fish oil very much longer.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I take a multi and fish oil.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i sporadically take a multi (gnc's women's ultra mega)

i do take cod liver oil, vit d, vit c, coq-10, and some others daily. my eating is spotty and most times i just eat the same things so yeah
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I take a multi, plus additional D, plus an additional B mix (12, mostly), plus fish oil, plus CoQ10, plus milk thistle for liver concerns (used to drink way too much).

I think I eat a very varied diet compared to most, and lots of it is vegetables, but I'm sure I'm missing things here and there, so it's kind of a coverall.
    Last edited by carlh; 09-06-2011 at 07:39 AM.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Every other day.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    interesting...thank u!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    I have taken loads of different supplements in the past, but now I'm only taking probiotics and vitamin D3. I take the probiotics because I've got IBS and have had problems whit candida and parasites, and D3 because I don't get enough sun light.
    I don't think most supplements are really necessary as long as you have varied diet, and they might even do more harm than good in some cases. I can't take magnesium or 5-htp for example, they give me digestive problems ...
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast