Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One year ago today... page

lizch is offline Senior Member

Smile One year ago today...

Primal Fuel
    One year ago today, I joined this forum, a few weeks after I'd bought the Primal Blueprint. Everything was new and exciting, I felt better than I had in a long time, and was heading for the skinniest I'd ever been. I learnt all kinds of useful things here, and hopefully contributed a little too.

I was an active member for a while, but eventually, the lifestyle started to feel so natural that it seemed a little like belonging to a forum devoted to gravity. I am quite sure I will live this way forever ...it isn't a diet, it's a way of being.

Am I still the skinniest I've ever been? Not sure--threw my scale away a few months ago. I still feel great, people comment on how healthy I look, I still fit in my skinny clothes.

I spent today clearing up part of the yard, reveling in the physical challenge of tossing the weed trees away like cabers, soaking up the Vit D, watching the chickens forage around me (laying 5 eggs a day now.) None of this seemed plausible just over a year ago, when I was a pasty-white sunscreen-user who exercised only indoors in cardio classes, and turning my nose up at home grown stuff.

So thanks, Mark. Thanks, forum folk. You've all made such a huge difference to my life. I don't know if I'll live longer or shorter because of Primal, but I'm 100% sure I am living better.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Happy Primal-versary!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Awesome to hear that you[re doing so well- inspiration for us newbies!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    It has been exactly a year for me too! It is nice to see you here - I miss your insightful comments and shared experiences

Congrats on your success!!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! Hard to imagine the difference a year makes when moving in the right direction consistently - good on you for changing for the better!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Liz!

I'm going on 10 months myself & have never felt better!

LessThanZero is offline Member
    I love seeing stuff like this Just continues to reinforce that this is forever and as each pound melts away, it's another pound that won't ever come back.

(lol, I love the forum devoted to Gravity image. "whoah. guys...check this out. I threw this rock up...and it came down. AMAZING! What have YOU done with Gravity today?")

Congrats!

<0

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary Liz! I am at the 9 month mark and never looking back.

JVib is offline Senior Member
    What a great post. Thank you.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats Lizch. Your posts over the past year have been inspiring.

Just over a year in myself and though I am a daily lurker here, I agree that it seems like gravity at some times. I can think of a few tweaks (more on that in a second), but can't think of any reason not to embrace the Primal paradigm.

Here are my challenges now that I am a year in:

1. Red meat: It has been so long since my wife and I have eaten much red meat, that I am sort of out of the habit and it is hard to get back into the habit. I have to learn to cook new things. The 1/2 grass-fed beff that will arrive in Nov. will force the issue.

2. Incorporating good carbs: By default, I am eating pretty low carb, mostly meat, nuts, green veggies. I have scaled way back on fruit, never liked milk much (cheeze junkie, though trying to not eat it by the slab for a while). I feel I need to increase carbs in hopes of keeping the leptin flowing and perhaps improving sleep.

3. Need more consistency in LHT workouts, but generally on track.

4. Really need to hack sleep better. I am hoping that increasing carbs a bit may help. experimenting.

So a few tweaks as I try to optimize, but overall I can't imagine a more health-giving way of living.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast