Thread: Need Expert PB Opinions - Weight Loss/Gain page

CJ4400 is offline Member

Primal Fuel

I think the PB lifestyle rocks but need your guys' opinion on a recent weight loss plateau and possible weight gain from... ? This is where I need your opinions.

I'm 5'4, ~125-130#s, eating high fat, mod protien, low carb. What I noticed is that suddenly I am not seeing any more activity on the weight loss but noticing that I have actually gained weight. It *could* be that my activity levels are on the decline due to the cold weather...but even if so, could it cause weight gain? And mind you I am only talking about ~3-4lbs but still noticable! I do IF breakfast 3-4 times a week and try to IF 24 hrs at least once a week. My calorie intake is usually around 1200-1400.

What gives? I probably could use more activity. Could this be it? Or could it be that my Omega 3/6 ratios are off (I eat a lot of beef (not grass fed)) causing inflammation? I also drink a lot of DE-caf coffee... I have been trying to figure this out myself but thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone had similar experiences and pin-pointed what it could be.

Lastly, came across this link (http://cathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4534) and the last post made me confused since most people on this forum seem fine with high fat and moderate activity such as walking.

trypleight is offline Junior Member

You are panicking, my first suggestion is make fasting as random as possible. Secondly, what's on your breakfast menu? If you eat fruit, switch to straight veggies and see what happens. How strict are you being, 80% 90% 60%? Activity will have a huge impact on tone and definition but composition should be maintainable through diet. If you are using lots of salt, stop. Water retention can play a pivotal role in the "I feel fat" messages our mind sends us. Never confuse bloating and actual weight gain, it will leave you in a depressive state.

More veggies, more veggies. Maybe review the types of veggies you are eating. For example, lots of people eat carrots not realizing how much sugar they contain. I can add several pounds in a month if I don't monitor sugar intake from fruits and veggies.

Keep you daily carb intake to 50 or below, generally speaking anything 100 or above will see you packing on the pounds.

Oh and no booze, if you must, 2 glasses of red wine. If you want a buzz, chug them.

Hope this helps,

Cheers.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

At 5'4 125-135# is "ideal".

Your body is at a level where it is going to take significantly more effort to force any change.

Low carbs and hopeful wishes are not going to cut it haha!

Welcome to The Last Few Pounds.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member

PMS could make you gain that almost that much weight. 3-4 lb fluctuation isn't a really big deal. I always gain before more weight comes off too.

You aren't overweight, don't sweat it. Just keep eating healthy.

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

I would worry a lot less about weight at your level and more about body fat. It is all about health and composition, not mere numbers where you are at.

kongluirong is offline Junior Member

You could also be gaining muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat. I'm 5'4" too, and I used to be that weight, before I lost a lot of muscle mass. Now I'm trying to build it back up. You're fine.