Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello! Newby from Scotland! page

dannyboycowe is offline Junior Member

Hello! Newby from Scotland!

Hey there,

Just finished reading the primal blueprint - very interesting reading...have started to try out the lifestyle. Food consumption is generally ok, but too much alcohol still!

can't get my head around the exercise plan - I play rugby which seems to combine the lift heavy things/sprint known and then exercises. Don't know if this is sufficcient (two training sessions and one game per week). Any ideas?

Danny

Your location: Peebles

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: hmmm, 50%????

Do you consume dairy: moderately

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - lots!

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss

Favorite exercise: mountain biking

Favorite Primal food: Meat - of any description!

Best part about being Primal: eating lots of meat!

Worst part about being Primal: inconvenience if badly organised (i.e. me!)

gingernut is offline Senior Member
    Hi...and welcome (although I'm fairly new myself!). There seem to be quite a few of us from Scotland joined recently.
    Finally uncovering the real me!

My 'Serious Six' journal.

Pardons is offline Junior Member
    Hi - good to see some fellow Brits - I just joined the forum today.

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Hi Danny,

Welcome to PB!!
    I couldn't help but notice your location. My dad's family is originally from Peebles and the surrounding area (several generations back, of course - typical American). We spent a week there about 15 years ago when my brother was working on his degree at Glasgow. It was a wonderful visit -- all we could think is how crazy our ancestors were to leave such a lovely place.
    I struggle with the alcohol intake too - enough that I really don't have much room to treat myself with anything else. (at least scotch and bourbon are low in carbs)
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    heyyyy intro'd myself already but will do so again here; was living in glasgow (4 years) and moving to st andrews after an 8-month jaunt in the states. i've been a long time coming to primal - was veggie for 10 years until my current bf was like DAMMIT SERVE ME SOME SAUSAGE, my blood iron was in the toilet, and i ran the loch ness marathon and craved a spear and a steak around mile 18. this spring, while i was away for awhile, i lost 10 lb cutting out grains, and kicking the running for bodyrock interval training. when i went for a visit, the change impressed the lad enough so much that now he's gone totally primal on me! looking forward to going back and having a caveman fridge and kitchen! we're close - not quite 100% yet, still working through a bit of a sugar addiction, but it's the next step and then we can pull each other around by the hair grunting proudly.

on that note, anyone got suggestions for primal restaurants in Scotland, for when we want to step out of the cave? Stravaigin in Glasgow used to be my fave - probably still is - for locavorism and the like, but any others worth recommending? (possibly even a chippy that uses - gasp! - almond meal?)

last but not least, we're gonna have to do a meat up sometime or other...

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Danny. Welcome. I suspect your rugby is plenty. Exercise is to fill in what you don't get from play and work.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Just don't forget about walking. Really. It's great for you.

The rugby is probably good for the sprinting, but I would still recommend taking the PB Fitness test to see where you are at. I thought I was in pretty decent shape (and I was, relatively speaking) when I first took it, but I really found some personal limitations in there.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Danny...Sounds like you're on the right track. As a fellow ex Rugger/ currentsoccer player, I too understand the rigors of too much alcohol. I can honestly say however, that after going primal, you tend to miss it less:-) You're Rugby will vastly improve with the Primal lifestyle. Better speed, strength, and overall energy levels(i.e. endurance). Good luck to you, and Grok On!

pollydinasaur is offline Member
    Hello from glasgow! Seems to be a few of us scottish folk joining up.

dannyboycowe is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cheers for the replies guys! Most encouraging! I think that booze is going to be my biggest issue as I love beer and red wine...and sadly like most Scots, not in moderation....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast