Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: weight stopped coming off? page

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member

weight stopped coming off?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i started about 5 weeks ago ... lost about 28-29 lbs since then ..

but for the last 1-2 weeks im stickin right around the same weight .. i believe im building a small amount of muscle, but not enough to make much of any difference. ..

at teh suggestion of a good friend i gave up fruits (was eating only berries) to try to get back in control .. i also had tried fasting a couple of days for say 18 hours or so .. but to no avail

i have been eating 100% primal .. not large portions either .. and no exercise other than walking

im 6'1" and stuck right at 269 ...

i shouldnt complain, because i feel much better and that near 30 lb weight loss has made a huge difference in self confidence, looks, etc .. but i want to keep losing .. my goal going forward is to lose 8-10lbs a month ... which should put me near goal weight in 6 months or so ...

any ideas? things i can change?
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Some ideas:
    Carb cycle (check the nutrition board for details)

Leptin reset (same board has details)

Log your food intake in a nutrition program for a few days and see if there are things that pop out as issues (too much dairy or nuts are common ones)

Realize that the first 30 lbs came off of a body that had a higher maintenance weight - you need less food to maintain 269 than you did to maintain around 300 - so you may have hit equilibrium with your current diet.

Switch things up a bit in terms of carb/protein/fat ratio and number of calories per day - sometimes this gives you the nudge your body needs

Make sure you are well nourished - take any supplements you need to get at least your RDAs for all nutrients - and get extra vitamin D3 2000-4000 IUs

Unless you are eating over a cup of berries a day I wouldn't think that would be a big issue - but charting your eating will tell you that - I like nutritiondata.com for that because it gives a lot of detail.

Check the omega3:6 ratios you are eating - avocados, bacon, fatty chicken and pork and especially nuts are very high in omega 6 which can cause inflammation and stall weight loss.

I hope some of these ideas are helpful
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    any ideas? things i can change?
    How to Lower Your Blood Sugar

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    The first few weeks the weight just flies off. After that, it does get a little tougher. You can try different things, but it's pretty normal to plateau for a while, then start back up again. Can you post what a typical day is like for you?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Don't focus on weight. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. You WILL lose more pounds but don't worry about that now.

Your body is not just gaining muscle. By following the primal blueprint you are gaining other lean body stuff such as bone density and connective tissue.

Try some "sprints," which don't have to be running. If walking extra fast gets you out of breath, that's fine. Try walking uphill. Or do it biking, swimming, or whatever. Go 30 seconds as hard as you can. Then 90 second slow recovery. Repeat for 8 reps twice a week. While you "sprint," imagine a tiger or shark is chasing you. Make your body think it barely escaped and needs to get stronger to survive.

Hang in there. It will happen.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

rayout is offline Senior Member
    I've been "stalled" at around 157 for about 2 months now. Not really worrying - seeing new veins popping up and clothes are getting looser

Don't sweat it. I had (and have) plateaus that last weeks, or even a month long. Just keep doing what your doing and you will break through it. My mom started PB recently and has waited en entire month in horror as the scale only moved 1-2lbs. I managed to convince her to keep doing it (and her knowing the success I've had definitely helped) as it turns out at the end of the month she's lost about 10lbs total.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    When your gain in lean body mass is equal to your fat loss, the scale will be at a standstill. So you can be losing fat while not losing weight. Relax and trust in the process. Pay close attention to your body, how it looks and feels and how your clothes fit. When you observe positive changes you can be confident that you're on the right track. The number on your scale is not the only way to gauge your health and your fat loss.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Throw away your scale and relax.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    30 pounds in 5 weeks? that is amazing
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast