Thread: Strengthening Willpower Article page

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member

Strengthening Willpower Article

Primal Fuel
    Interesting article on how to improve willpower:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/bo...ted=2&src=recg
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

wiltondeportes Guest
    The authors note that people with the highest levels of self-control are only slightly better than average at controlling their weight, and they describe disturbing experiments that confirm the old saying “When the penis stands up, the brains get buried” (it sounds better in Yiddish).
    I liked that part. Also, I like your signature. It is so true. Even something as benign as 1 serving of salad dressing can have as much sugar as a whole serving of fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I liked that part. Also, I like your signature. It is so true. Even something as benign as 1 serving of salad dressing can have as much sugar as a whole serving of fruit.
    Hey I like your signature too--never to be forgotten.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

carlh is offline Senior Member
    It's good to make yourself accountable to someone; a friend, a spouse...ideally someone who's approaching their own goal as well.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    It's good to make yourself accountable to someone; a friend, a spouse...ideally someone who's approaching their own goal as well.
    I agree! A buddy can be a big help, too. I had a walking bud for years, then moved, and have wished a zillion times I could find one where I am now.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM