Thread: Hi there... page

Pardons is offline Junior Member

Hi there...

Hi everyone, my name is Claire and I am starting to be Primal!

I haven't had any grains for 3 weeks and can safely say i haven't missed them at all. We have just recently been on holiday and it was a little more difficult to cut the grains but I succeeded and for once didn't feel guilty about having a traditional english breakfast each morning (bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms). However, I did find it difficult not to drink wine!!

i have around 5 stone in weight to loose, so as per the book i am trying to keep my carbs between 50-100 per day and around 1400 cals.

I love eating this way - not feeling guilty about having a big juicy steak and dressing my salads and vegetables with olive oil, homemade mayo and butter. I have an allotment, so there is always a good range of freshly picked veggies!!

My one downfall is coffee, which I limit to 2 a day with milk. Apart from that I eat a little diary in the form of cheese and have no grains, processed or sugary foods.

I'd welcome any advice from other Primals!!

ttfn
    Claire

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Claire, you will find a great support community here!

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Coffee doesn't have to be a problem, unless you add milk and sugar. You can use heavy cream and stevia instead. Mark has coffee every morning. I buy high quality Columbian decaf which tastes as good as regular, and enjoy as often as I like, though I do drink it black. You may have to reduce your carbs, depending on whether you are able to lose well on the numbers you gave. I have to drop to <1200cas/40carbs to lose, but we are all different. Best of luck.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    Welcome! Coffee doesn't have to be a problem, unless you add milk and sugar. You can use heavy cream and stevia instead. Mark has coffee every morning. I buy high quality Columbian decaf which tastes as good as regular, and enjoy as often as I like, though I do drink it black. You may have to reduce your carbs, depending on whether you are able to lose well on the numbers you gave. I have to drop to <1200cas/40carbs to lose, but we are all different. Best of luck.
    +1 About the coffee. I personally lose at <100 but as SugarBaby says, mileage my vary.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

DarenBan is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi there claire ...
    I am also new to the forum, just joined and this actually is my first post here.
    See you around in the forum.
    Chicago boot camp
    Last edited by DarenBan; 09-10-2011 at 12:44 AM.