Thread: Boeuf Bourginon-Julia Child page

KXS
    KXS is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Last week I made Julia Child's beouf bourginon...(google it)...fantastic and all primal...if served with mashed cauliflower. It was outstanding!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

That is awesome!!! I gotta get a French cookbook... so much amazing stuff.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

musajen is offline Junior Member

KXS - have you seen the version of that recipe on MDA (search for Beef Burgundy)? It's excellent and supposedly easier than Julia's version. I got Mastering the Art of French Cooking for Christmas and I'm so excited to get started with some of the recipes. On glancing through it, I'm pleasantly surprised by how primal (or at least low carb) many of the recipes are.

Mainer is offline Senior Member

And how many recipes have full fat in them, Julia Rocks! I highly recommend anyone who enjoys a great omelette check out her video on youtube on how to do it correctly. I have been butchering them for years according to her, tried her method and it was out of this world, so creamy.

You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

hannahc is offline Senior Member

FNW I definitely recommend "I Know How to Cook" (translated title) by Ginette Mathiot, it's awesome. It's as huge as Mastering the Art of French Cooking, but it has recpies for literally everything you can think of (French-cooking wise anyway!).

I'm making bouef bourgignon for my family when they visit, I'm really excited that it's can be completely primal yet totally impressive!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan