Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal of VeloCity.X - wheeling through the Mound City page 7

primal-dan is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    And I got some cashews from Costco. Turns out they are salted, and so salty I thought I was going to dry up. Who can I pawn those off on? I love cashews, but non salted from here on out.
    I also don't like salted nuts and found a simple solution, just rinse them in water. It doesn't get rid of all the saltiness but it's a huge improvement.

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the idea! I'll have to give that a try, since being from Costco, it was a whole tub. I think Target has unsalted cashews and those are much better.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Ok, update after a few days....

Monday, October 31
    B - Skipped kind of. Trying Leangains IF but felt like I was *starving*.
    L - Ate at about 10:30 I think. Before I took off for day. Uhhh... Had cauliflower roased w/ bacon grease with a mushroom bacon cream sauce. Yummy. Had something else, too, but can't remember what it was. Oh, did have a bunch of baunschweiger when I got home. Probalby close to 1/2 pound. Still feeling very hungry.
    D - couple hot dogs w/ chili. No buns. Chili had beans. Brother in law made it. At other BIL's house for trick or treating. Also did trunk or treat at kids school.
    Ok, I binged on Halloween candy. No two ways about it. Not so sure why, but I did. But wow, I wasn't feeling very good later that night. I think I was feeling a bit down.

Had to only work 1/2 day, so did no sort of gym work.

Tuesday, November 1
    B - Skipped again.
    L - Cauliflower and braunschwieger again. And some mixed salad. Did not eat any of the left over stuff at the office.
    D - About 1 lb beef w/ broccoli as a stir fry. Not bad. Did it with a conventional sauce, so that's not so good.
    Also had some candy again. I just need to get that out of the house. Know I was feeling a bit down after meeting w/ therapist. I know I'm making progress, but it's still frustrating.

Taught a spinning class today. Did some good tabata sprints.

Wednesday, November 2nd.
    B - None
    L - Got 1/2 lb each smoked brisket and pulled pork on the road. Had just a couple drops of bbq sauce. Thimble maybe. When I stopped to get it the guy ask (increduously) 'are you going to eat this on the road?' and I said (as if it was a crazy question) "Oh, no. Of course not". But it was pretty easy to unwrap and eat with fingers.
    D - Had 2 glasses of beer at the reception w/ some cheese and actually a little bit of crackers, too. Folks were going to dinner and I almost didn't go. Was feeling full enough, but decided I should go and meet folks. Got a not so good tapas size what was supposed to be scallops, but it was more a spinach salad w/ some sort of cream dressing, bleu cheese, and a few tiny scallops. Was ok though. Had I known someone was going to pay for it I would have gotten something nicer! Ha!

So I'm at a conference for the next couple of days. Small conference. Know basically no one here. So this may be interesting. Managed to stay at the reception when I came close to leaving at a couple points. A woman caught my eye. Not that I'm really in a state to do anything about it...

Rode the bike to work this morning, but then had a 4.5 hour drive. Ugh. Hope I'll get some time to do some sort of exercise over the next couple of days.

Thursday November 3rd. Still at this conference.

Don't think I said this but I felt a bit hungry when I went to bed last night.

B - Ended up having a banana sometime between 10:30 and 11:30. I was feeling hungry and decided I'd be better off having the banana than sticking it out until lunch.

L - Small tossed salad with a little bit of some sort of ranch dressing. Small piece of broiled/baked salmon w/ some sort of lemon cream sauce. It was on cous cous, but I only had about a forkfull of that. No veggies. What's up with that? I did have a couple of raisins from the bread pudding dessert, but that was it.

D - Now we're talking. Best spread of this conference. Bit of cheese, veggies w/ salmon mousse, some kind of bacon wrap things (nothing in it, though) and slices of roast beef with dijon mustard and horseradish sauce. Did have one chocolate desert thing.

Got up this morning and did 3 rounds of pull ups on the hotel bath door, push ups, squats, planks and side planks, and jack knife pushups. Felt pretty good.

Had a long workshop outside this afternoon learning about mortar and repointing stone masonry. But now I feel a bit like I'm coming down w/ something. Plan on turning in early. I don't want to be sick (will be first time since going Primal) so maybe it's just psychological? Only time will tell.

Friday, November 3

B - Had a banana at about 11
    L - Again at conference, same caterer. Small tossed salad w/ a bit of ranch dressing. Chicken Marsala w/ some mushrooms. 1/2 a breast, I guess. Nibbled a bit of the risotto, but very little.
    S - Got some beef jerky and cashews for the drive. Lemme think.. I looked at this... 110 calories of jerky, 440 calories of cashews. I think that was about it.
    D - Not a good dinner. Got chinese food. Dark meat General Tsao's Chicken (breaded and fried) and an egg roll. Had a couple fork fulls of rice and did eat the fortune cookie. Paying for it now. Stomach not feeling great. It's been doing so much better...

Other than walking the 5 flights of stairs a couple different times to the conf room where my sessions were I didn't get any exercise today. And even worse had a 4.5 hour drive back home. And the rental car place was closed, so I've got to take the car back in the morning. Right across the street from my office and my bike is there to ride back home.

Guess that's about it right now.

Ok, I've decided that I'll only post updates to the 'Before After' thread quarterly, but will update monthly here.

First is a composite taken the first of every month, first thing in the morning after weigh-in. Same flat light, no flexing, etc. So, June 1, 2011 through November 1, 2011.

And this is one from a day or so before, right after a 5 Essentials workout, and flexing, obviously.

Yes, I'm putting these up out of vanity. But you know what, I'm ok with that.
    Last edited by VeloCity.X; 11-04-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Saturday, November 5th.

Happy B-Day to Sis!

B - Skipped.
    L - Skipped. At bday party (nephew)at Chuck E. Cheese and just couldn't do the pizza.
    D - Family party in the evening and they had salad, pasta, and cold cut sandwiches. Had 3 (or 4?) sections of sandwich, but tossed the bread - so cheese, ham, roast beef, and salami. Also a bunch of salad, a bit of the pasta meat sauce only (too sweet) and some broccoli and cauliflower bits. Did have a piece and a half of b-day cake, though. But with eathig so little during the day, I'm fine with that. Thankfully we're getting to the end of birthday season.

Did 4 rounds of pull ups, squats, push ups, planks, and jack knifes. Felt like I got a pretty good workout in over about 30 to 40 minutes. But I feel like I need to start mixing things up more.

Taking the boy to the rock climbing gym tomorrow. That should be fun.

So over the last several days I watched some show on Netflix - think it was called Out of the Wild - about a group of folks trying some mild (clueless and no training and well supported) survival in Alaska. Anyway, the point is they talked about how as glucose/glycogen levels got low, seratonin levels also decreased leading to depression. Wondering if that's real. Wondering if I maybe need to look at changing things around some?

How the hell did I lose all of that typing? I hate this keyboard. And it's gone forever. Trying again.

Sunday, November 6, 2011.

Time may have changed, but kids' interal clocks didn't. Means they were up even earlier.

B - Did cook breakfast with kids with me. Scrambled eggs for them. For me 3 scrambled eggs w/ several slices of leftover ham.
    L - Was out w/ kids, running late. So.... (don't hate me) McD's. I had a double quarter pounder w/ cheese, tossed the bun. Also had one of the kids left over nuggets. I never really went for those, but now they just taste disgusting. Almost flavorless, and certianly not chicken flavored. Burger wasn't any good either. Never was a McD's-aholic, but I did eat there. Not sure I can anymore. Did have some left over fries, too. Those still tasted good.
    S - While picking up girl from bday party, nibbled on some cut pineapple and watermelon. Also had a few (3 to 5 I think) pizza rolls. Was hungry.
    D - Made burritos for kids. One of our standbyes. I had meat, salsa, cheese on mixed salad. Got the salad before I left for conference last week, so it was on its last legs. Picked out enough for tonight and some for tomorrow, but rest had to go. One thing I really hate is salad past its prime...
    Must admit for desert had a few of the kids' halloween candies. It's the chocolates. I can pass on the sugar stuff easily, but the chocolate does me in.

While the girl was at the party, I took the boy to the climbing gym. Took him a while to get into it, though. Think the heights and auto-belay devices scared him. Eventually he got into doing some bouldering, so that was fun. Got a bit of exercise in, I think. Definitely more forearm work than I'm used to....

Other than that I shaved off the beard and got the moustache rocking for Movember. Never had just a 'stache before. But I did keep the soul patch for right now. That will go if I'm able to grow it long enough for a handlebar by the end of the month. Not sure that will happen, though.

Still need to do some searching on this whole primal-depression thing. Athough it's not like I've exactly been eating low-carb. Not the best of carbs I'm sure, especially lately, but stll....

Monday, November 7th.

B - Skipped.
    L - Ugh. Had planned on going to the Y but had to run to 2 diff banks to keep from getting too overdrawn. ETB and I need to reach a financial understanding. Granted I don't feel like I'm really in any emotional state to be going out, but I'm sick of being the one worring about money and living like a mouse while she and new-boyfriend-ish hit three spots in one night. Yes, I'm only telling one side. Yes, it's more complex, but still it's bullshit. So anyway, after getting back from bank I had the left-over taco meat w/ a bit of salsa and cheese on some mixed salad. Seemed a bit megar.
    D - The mass family annual b-day dinner for my two kids and my sister's twins. At a little pizza place. Kinda like a scaled down Chuck E. Cheese, but much lower key. I did so good resisting the other times, but I had a couple of slices of pizza for dinner tonight. Didn't gorge. Thought I kept things fairly well in check. Maybe had one more piece than I should have.
    Snack - Had some cashews that I rinsed the salt from while going through paperwork and preparing for the Financial Summit tomorrow night. And then I had a couple of pieces of halloween candy. Depression does that I think... and there is the thread now about sugar causing depression. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Was supposed to go to the Y today for the circuit class, but ended up running (meaning driving) between banks today. That sucked.

But I suppose at least I'm confronting some of my issues rather than ignoring them like I have been all summer. Not feeling that great, but still confronting some things. At least these are things I can.

Been thinking about and missing my sister a lot lately. I'm sure it has to do with her twins having their birthday today, and it being their first without her. But it all just has me feeling all bottled up or wound tight or something. Like I can't let my emotions out for some reason. And I'm finding that frustrating. But I guess that gives me something to talk about at my session this week...

Dammit. Lost a lot of typing again. Hitting the wrong key? instead of backspace it goes back pages...

B - Skipped.
    L - Didn't have anything to bring from home so I just extended my IF for a few more hours.
    D - Had to go to the grocery store after work to get treats for girl's bday tomorrow. Got a rotisserie chicken for dinner. Not a good bird, I'm sure, but the ingredients weren't as bad as some others. Not a lot of flavorings, etc. Girl wated peas (Mwave w/ lots of butter) boy wanted broccoli (stir fry in bacon fat). They each had the drumsticks and DD had a few bites of breast meat. I had 2 thighs, one breast, and the wings. And a good amount of both veggies. Breast and picked over carcass with left over veggies for tomorrow. I did have a few pieces of halloween candy. For good reason as will be apparent.

Taught my spinning class today. Got some good work in. Tabata sprints, along w/ some other sprinting and hard climbing. Afterwards I did 2 rounds of pull ups, push ups, and jack knifes. I haven't been doing pull ups into and out of the bedroom in a while. Need to start doing that again. But I'm to the point now where when working out I can pretty easily bang out a set of 8 to 10 - often 10 - not perfect, and not quite full, but ok pull ups. So I'm making strides. Don't think I'll hit my goal of 20 by the end of the year, but I do think I'm making slow progress.

ETB came over this evening for our financial summit. I had the last month printed out and I think she was a bit shocked and embarassed to look through at see the amount of money she was spending - more than anything on going out to restaurants and bars and whatnot. I think she now realizes that's got to stop. But now that I'm taking ownership of my own issues, I'll be watching this closer.

At the same time, while I really do believe she's not donig it intentionally, I think at times I'm being taken advantage of, and I need to stop that. I need to stop being the responsible one and let her have her own problems. Problem whit that is that as the mother of my children, and sharing responsibility for them, her issues become my issues as well. I can't let her just fall on her face on her own 'cause I'll still be left holding the bag. And that sucks.

It was one thing when we were together. When I got some of the benefit of going out and such. But as it is now, it just sucks for me. But, this is two days in a row complaining about the same thing, so I guess it is time for me to move on.

I'll be glad when the halloween candy is out of here.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast