Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal AverageJoe page 2

AverageJoe is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

So yesterday in the afternoon around 6 I decided to hop on the scale just to see what it showed. It showed that I am down 5 lbs. I am happy but I do not think I really lost 5 lbs. It has been less than 1 week. I weighed myself in the afternoon thinking it would be the heaviest part of my day especially since it was before I was going to workout. I will wait until tomorrow morning and weigh myself again. Wednesday morning will be 1 week from when I started.

mom500 Guest

congrats on the weight loss! i had a similar big drop the first few days i went primal (a lot of it was probably water weight, but it still feels good to see the numbers go down). don't get discouraged if you just maintain that weight loss (or even go up a bit) for a little while.

g2baker is offline Member

I've been reading Good Calories, Bad Calories. I read today that high blood pressure is not solely caused by sodium, but also due to Carbs in the diet. Carb cause us to retain sodium and causes our blood pressure to go up. So, when people cut carbs out of their diet, they can easily loose up to 5 lbs of water. I was just shocked. I happen to have low BP so when I cut the carbs, I kept mentioning I felt dizzy like I was going to faint. But the feeling would go away quickly. Now, I understand. Anyway, looks like your on the right track to improving your health! Very Nice! Keep up the positive feedback loop to discourage doubt!

Thanks for the replies mom500 and g2baker. I did weigh myself again and it still says I am down over 5 lbs. I think it is water weight, which is fine. we will see how my stats are next week.

It has been a couple days since my last post. I have been doing pretty good in my opinion. I have been eating healthy, not 100% primal yet but definitely better than i was eating before.

Tues info:

no workout today

Food:

green tea

small protein shake

some spoonfuls of pb.

50/50/50 Salad (baby spinach/baby romaine/baby leaf)

few cranberries

some pistachios

apple

chicken breast

water

Wed Info:

quick morning workout 15 min full body

Food:

small protein shake

green tea

pistachios

turkey light/dark meat

1 falafel

hummus

lettuce

spoonfuls of pb

water

vitamins (men's 1 a day/flax seed)

Thurs. info:

workout: go home a shovel snow

Food:

protein shake

green tea

burrito without the tortilla

(chicken, hot sauce, pinto beans, veggies, light cheese)

vitamins (men's 1 a day/flax seed)

not sure if i will eat anymore today.

Well mother nature helped w/ my workout today and yesterday. I shoveled snow for about 1.5 hrs yesterday and 1 hours today. Yep I live on a corner lot with lots of sidewalks and a double long driveway.

kjake55 Guest

AJ - may I suggest that when you finish this jar of peanut butter that you replace it with almond butter. Peanuts are legumes and as with all beans they are non-primal and require processing before you consume. Most almond butter is made of almonds and olive oil but read the labels to make sure you're geting what you think you're getting. I like Trader Joes's brand of chunky unsalted but there are many other combos to pick from if you're not a chunky lover.

You may also want to add Fish or Krill oil to your daily supplements to balance your O3's and 6's. I prefer to use Krill over fish oil but again it's only a suggestion.

I'm glad to see you're keeping true to yourself and taking things 1 step at a time. Best of luck! :-)

hi kjake55.

Yep I think the PB killing my diet. To bad it is my go to quick snack to fight off hunger. I think it helps me to not binge eat, it is nice b/c there is no prep time and it fills me up. Unfortunately I have 1 more jar after I finish the one I am on. I was also thinking about switching to fish oil once I was done with the flaxseed oil. Do you think I should switch to fish oil or take both fish and flax? Also I was thinking about adding a vitamin d/magnesium supplement.

g2baker is offline Member

Hi AJ, here are two articles I found from Marks post on fish oil and flax:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fish-oil-questions-dosage/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/flax-prostate-cancer-risk/

Hope that helps

Well as everyone probably figured, I failed miserably. Time to pick myself back up and try again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12