Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i feel off the wagon ... page

i feel off the wagon ...

Primal Fuel
    Last week i got this insane craving for pecan pie, and i couldn't shake it for the life of me. I ended up giving in and got one.. needless to say, iv been off the primal wagon now for 7 days. I cant seem to stop eating junk food. I need HELP! i "KNOW" i should be eating right and i know it makes my stomach hurt to eat this junk, but for some reason, i keep craving it and buying it. anyone know a good way to get back on the primal wagon?

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    For me, once I let the sweets in, they flood in! I have to go simple and pure. Meat, eggs, and veggies with butter (Kerrygold), coconut oil, also a few (very few) macadamia nuts (unsalted) or almonds (raw). And in fact I am doing that tomorrow! I have been doing sweet treats, they have been primal, BUT becoming more and more frequent such that they no longer qualify as an occasional treat, so they gotta go.

If you absolutely cannot live without them, maybe you could at least make something primal that will take the flavors you crave and make something new. I think something pecan pie-ish would be fun and easy to do primal.

Good Luck
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

i still have a few "sweet" treats left that will be gone by tomorrow. I am cutting it all out monday, meat and veggies and eggs. i HAVE to not gain back this 40lbs i have lost, and i felt so great eating pure good foods.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texasblackrose View Post
    i still have a few "sweet" treats left that will be gone by tomorrow. I am cutting it all out monday, meat and veggies and eggs. i HAVE to not gain back this 40lbs i have lost, and i felt so great eating pure good foods.
    What do you do for cardio? How much of it a day do you do?

My coach/hubby is reading Spark by Dr. Ratay and apparently a bit of cardio helps with your mind. Check it out. I did start eating more junk then i would prefer and now doing 20 mins of cardio everyday (i never used to do much cardio by the way, some kettle bells but i haven't done that due to an injury) and so far it's helping with making better choices. It's only been a week though.

Good luck!

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    There is a Pecan Pie flavor of Larabars, totally primal and delicious. Next time you get the craving, have a big steak dinner with veggies, and a pecan pie larabar for dessert!

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    I know the feeling!!! We finally finished the last of the high-carb stuff that has slowly gathered in our cupboard and tomorrow we are going to eat very clean (meat, veggies, with very little fruit and dairy) to try and get ourselves back on track. Our goal is a month without giving in to cravings (mostly because September is pretty clear-no business trips, no birthdays, etc). We did so good in June/July and have just lost all control throughout August. Not sure why but must get it together!

I don't think there is any magic way to get back on track (at least I haven't found it yet) other than to just do it. Kinda like when first starting this WOE. I find getting excited about feeling better and finding new meat recipes to help me get re-interested in the kitchen helps. Good luck! We can do it
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

OO, a clean September is a great goal. I'm in. Maybe we can keep each other accountable. Good Luck.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Westly is offline Senior Member
    Milk is the one thing I really can't seem to shake. Like a big heaping glass of whole milk a few times a day. Whenever I get thirsty, my brain goes "oh, calories! I don't want water, GIVE ME MILK!"

I'm on a medication that depletes the calcium in my bones, so I don't know if it's an actual CRAVING for calcium (And thinking milk is the only way I can get it)...I'm going to have broccoli and raw pasta sauce for lunch and see if that helps any! (Along with some jalapeno bacon chicken!)
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

I drink 16oz of coffee in the morning, with an ounce of cream, and a few drops of stevia, then have 1.5 ounces of cheese at lunch-usually. Those are part of my primal plan, so I will not consider that 'cheating'.

@Westly, it does sound as if it might be a calcium craving. I think if you try concentrating on eating foods that are high in calcium for a week or so and you still crave it, it may have become a habit. Do you take a calcium supplement?
    Chris
    Unknown

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Westly, have you tried a bone broth? Are you sure its a calcium craving and not a sugar craving?

I ask because the first time I tried low carb I suddenly LOVED mayo...before I couldn't stand the sight or smell of it and suddenly here I was wanting to eat it out of the jar with a spoon. I finally did a web search thinking I was low on some special mineral or something crazy and everything I found pointed toward sugar cravings. I started eating more fruit and the mayo urge went away. If your already taking calcium supplements (I'm assuming since your taking a calcium depleting drug) then you might consider that there is something else in the milk your craving.

I'm up for a clean September! We started today with a huge omelet stuffed with peppers, onions, tomatoes and a little cheese on top. So far, so good...LOL!
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast