Thread: Same Story of 1000 others. page

Gweebles is offline Member

Same Story of 1000 others.

Hi, I stumbled over here while researching Paleo and IF. I have been a strong LC advocate for years, since I lost 200 pounds doing Low Carb mixed with ECA stacking about 10 years ago. I went from 345 to 145 in about 2 years. I loved it, but life, an exhausting abusive relationship, and a desk job later, I'm back to where I started. Every morning, I'd wake, hating myelf, determined TODAY WOULD BE THE DAY! Every night, I'd go to bed, depressed that I couldn't stick to it even one single day without caving. I walk around in a fog daily, can't walk a block without getting winded, and what scares me most is my left foot and leg feel tingly a lot, almost like they are going to sleep. I think the weight is causing a nerve to pinch because the circulation seems ok.

I got out of the relationship, but I still fight daily with the emotional crutch that sugar and grains fed. I would grab a sausage wrap in the morning on the way to work, determined to toss the tortilla, but still eat half of it. If they had candy or dounuts at work, I'd have "just one". My daughter's french fries were always at risk. It's really sad how food controlled me no matter how hard I fought.

Forward to this week. I have been reading and reading, saving up till payday Friday then will order the book too. I do own Neanderthin which helps a lot to keep me motivated. I started off this week with one day fasting, then as primal as possible. The biggest thing I did was give up diet soda. I would fill my 64 ounce mug at the gas station before work, and one after. WAAYY too many chemicals. I now drink tea with nectasweet (not great but a start) and water, gave up my low carb frankenfoods, and have learned to make an awesome mayo with olive oil. Even my dad uses it. I feel a lot better, not as cloudy minded and I know my performance at work is doing better too because of that. I don't know if I have lost, I tossed the scales long ago, but I noticed I have less "puff" at the top of my stomach. I don't have ANY sugar cravings!! WHOO HOO!

It's funny, I own exotic pets. I research to see what they eat in the wild so I can feed them right, absolutely NO commercial pet foods, but I never thought to do that for myself too.

Btw My name is Serena, I am 36 years old. I live in a tiny fishing town called Port Mansfield, Texas.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Serena. Come here any time you need someone to listen to you and give support.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thank you. I really feel like I can make this work for me.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Aloha Miss Serena:-) Primal is a fantastic way to go(for the mind and body)...And you will have lots of help/ideas round here. Grok On!

Hi Serena! I'm determined to make this work too!

I've determined that I need to double check my intentions. Because sometimes, we have good intentions, but negative connections.

An example: if you got into said abusive relationship while thin, you might have an unconcious connection between being thin and being abused... then self sabotage will continue until you can work through that thought process.

Good luck!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi! I am pretty new to this as well. excited to hear about your progress and impressed you are getting things turned around!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.