Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Successful Conversions page 5

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hope that getting off the emotional roller coaster of sugar makes your 'friend' into a more understanding and nicer person.
    Last edited by sapphire_chan; 01-05-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Too mean

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    My parents are trying it after seeing I've lost 30 pounds and counting. They love it.

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    I've gotten my parents on board. My mom brought sandwiches home from work because there was a meeting at work today. My dad grabbed one because he had only eaten some cottage cheese earlier in the day even though he took a salad with him for lunch. His excuse for not eating the salad: he didn't have a fork to eat the salad with. My mom told him he should have used his fingers. When I walked by he said that particular kind of bread was better than most. I responded with, "Not really."

My dad says he's already dropped 10 lbs. I told my mom to take another sandwich when he wasn't around and put the cheese and meat from it into his current sandwich. I expect good results for both of them throughout this year because it's a way of eating they'll be able to maintain. I'll get them more active soon as well.

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Update. It's been over a year. My parents have dropped at least a combined 100 lbs. I believe my mom has reached a stable point because she made a comment about thinking she was putting on a couple of pounds. Her stress levels are up a bit now with a new job and all so that doesn't surprise me much. I've been encouraging her to do more exercise. The weight they have lost has been due simply to changing the diet and no added exercise.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    That's really awesome. My parents aren't terribly overweight, but my mom is still fully on board the "no-fat" CW thing, and for the first time we actually had some disagreements last christmas about what to eat. But I understand it's really really hard to change to a Paleo way of thinking when being told for 20+ years that fat is bad. So consider yourself lucky that your parents have done it at all. My dad is actually open to the idea but mom makes all the food, so I think I would have to actually live there and cook Paleo options for every meal for any real changes to be made, sigh...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345