Thread: Confused why BP seems higher after last two weeks page

cmedman is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Confused why BP seems higher after last two weeks

Primal Fuel
    So I'm new, and haven't committed one hundred percent, but I've cut grains as much as possible, am not drinking anything but water 95% of the time (and absolutely no soda or fruit juice), and yet, my BP is reading around 130 over 90 (132/94 this morning), whereas it was reading in the 120s over 70s to 80s before (occasionally even in the 110s) - both measurements being with medication.

Could it be that I was likely eating an overall more wholesome assortment of foods when I was staying with my grandmother? Generally, my mom and step-dad buy the cheapest of the cheap, and I don't always have the option of the best foods here. I plan to change this when I get back to college, but right now a large part of my diet consists of eggs... often mixed with, or alongside some vegetable (no, I cannot always get good organic vegetables, but I try...). Is there a number of eggs that are too many? Also, I've taken it easy on hot sauces and peppers the last few days, since I may just fall into the group of people with a sensitivity to sodium...

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmedman View Post
    ...but I've cut grains as much as possible.
    Does that mean you have totally cut wheat etc and only eat white rice?

Or is this that you eat pretty clean but have a sandwich on a roll twice a week?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cmedman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Does that mean you have totally cut wheat etc and only eat white rice?

Or is this that you eat pretty clean but have a sandwich on a roll twice a week?
    The last couple days have been pretty bad, as in, too much fast food and cheap meals at home which did include too much of the grain-based items (and likely the wrong fats when I think about it). When my mom is buying the food, and they buy for the two of them, it becomes very difficult to cut things entirely - but even before that, my BP seemed to be inching upward. Granted, I have been stressed about moving in next week and generally home life, so that's probably contributing. I am not at the point that I feel comfortable skipping meals just yet, and that means I either eat what is for dinner, or don't... maybe I should go for the latter if the food isn't good...

Rhyno is offline Member
    Stress= No bueno

Grains= No bueno

Actively minimize the stress in your life, however possible.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You won't really get the benefits of cutting grain unless you completely cut the grain, especially when it comes to wheat.

You can start to add things like white rice back in when everything is wonderful and going well, but wheat and gluten just are not going to work, even in small amounts.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com